[LP] Leader Pass Pack 2: Great Commanders Sneak Peak (Confirmed; Release Dec. 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFP came with all the power creep - not just the leaders, but the secret societies and heroes too. I mean, give me a complete blank civ but let me use secret societies and heroes, and that civ will absolutely crush any other civ in the game. The latest iteration really haven't been that special. I mean, some nice abilities, but I don't think any of the ones we've seen so far are S-tier civs, if you ignore the free printing of units for the US or using Caesar in a specific case to farm barb camps on marathon speed.

Those are pretty potent in the right circumstances though!

Also I think the Kongo are pretty darn strong with their new leader.

Re: power creep; I just specifically mean against previous era Civs. For example, Wilhelmina’s +2 culture per trade route versus japans 2 science, 2 culture and 4 gold for even a moderately developed city.

I absolutely agree about the NFP bolt ons. They are generally nuts and especially so considering the AI is hopeless with them

Bug Fixes and Patch Notes have been confirmed, with the big one being the AI Hyperfocus on Science being finally fixed!! :D

Rejoice, my fellow CivZealots!!! They will indeed patch the game!!

Bug Fixes and Patch Notes have been confirmed, with the big one being the AI Hyperfocus on Science being finally fixed!! :D

Rejoice, my fellow CivZealots!!! They will indeed patch the game!!

Where was this confirmed?

Also have we seen if the Commander's abilties have been changed from the leaks or not?

(Sorry for not looking it up myself, I've been super busy...)

Where was this confirmed?

Also have we seen if the Commander's abilties have been changed from the leaks or not?

(Sorry for not looking it up myself, I've been super busy...)
1. Check the last part of the livestream where they talk about the patches.

2. The leaks were 100% true and correct, no Abilities were changed. :)

Leaks were real, guys!! Though, that does raise the question as to how they got access to the files when no one else was able to...
In the madness that was the whole launch of the Pass, some people seemed to have gotten the Commanders instead of the Negoiators.

Wow so all of it *was* real? Exciting stuff, will definitely play Japan and new Suleiman :)

Abilities are a lot better than those slapped onto the first four leaders, keep it up!

Can't wait for the Rulers of China leak tomorrow! :woohoo:

Edit: BTW, anyone feels strange that Tokugawa has been referred to mononymously throughout the entire franchise, always Tokugawa and never with his first name included, while other Japanese leaders don't receive the same name treatment, like Hojo Tokimune or Oda Nobunaga?

Last edited:
Can't wait for the Rulers of China leak tomorrow! :woohoo:

Edit: BTW, anyone feels strange that Tokugawa has been referred to mononymously throughout the entire franchise, always Tokugawa and never with his first name included, while other Japanese leaders don't receive the same name treatment, like Hojo Tokimune or Oda Nobunaga?
Tokugawa seems to be universally known well enough that his personal name isn't needed to distinguish him from other people who share his clan name. On the other hand, I'm not familiar with anyone else from the Hojo or Oda clans either.

He meant much like Ieyasu is the only Tokugawa he knows, Nobunaga is the only Oda and Tokimune is the only Hojo
I said "anyone else", meaning "other than the one already specified".

Another one-namer is Hideyoshi, but that's his personal name, rather than his clan name, Toyotomi
Great, my brain went dumb dumb there. :V Sorry about that.

I guess that applies to Hojo Tokimune but Oda Nobunaga is actually very famous. After digging around, I guess the reason maybe Tokimune and Nobunaga weren't the ones who established the clan, although the Oda clan reached its peak in fame and power under Nobunaga, but the Tokugawa shogunate was named after Ieyasu, its founder.

Very excited to play an even more Culture-focused Japan, and new suleiman looks interesting as well!
I'd say this is more science victory focused japan. That loss of 25% on the international trade routes is quite significant, a lot more of a loss of tourism than the district tourism is likely to make up (especially if it's limited to 6 hexes of the capital).

I'd say this is more science victory focused japan. That loss of 25% on the international trade routes is quite significant, a lot more of a loss of tourism than the district tourism is likely to make up (especially if it's limited to 6 hexes of the capital).
Totally agree. 25% less tourism from trade routes is huge, especially when you don't have half cost Theater Squares anymore.
I kinda hope the devs remove Japan's starting bias under Tokugawa. It will be quite bad if your bonus applies to every city around your capital and then you spawn on the coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom