[LP] Leader Pass Pack 2: Great Commanders Sneak Peak (Confirmed; Release Dec. 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. 25% less tourism from trade routes is huge, especially when you don't have half cost Theater Squares anymore.
I kinda hope the devs remove Japan's starting bias under Tokugawa. It will be quite bad if your bonus applies to every city around your capital and then you spawn on the coast.
I hadn't thought about that! Kind of like how the Maya have the worst possible TSL start for their civ abilities...

I hadn't thought about that! Kind of like how the Maya have the worst possible TSL start for their civ abilities...

Do different leaders of the same nation have different TSL locations on the firaxis-developed TSL maps? What about personas? It'd be kinda funny if Rough Rider teddy's TSL was Cuba or Long Island or some other place where the RR's trained. But of course that'd be silly. It may be understandable to have one Cairo and one Damascus (or even Mecca) for the two Saladins, though.

Totally agree. 25% less tourism from trade routes is huge, especially when you don't have half cost Theater Squares anymore.
I kinda hope the devs remove Japan's starting bias under Tokugawa. It will be quite bad if your bonus applies to every city around your capital and then you spawn on the coast.
This is a good point. If we're to be incentivized to settle all around the cap, a la Maya, then coastal starts conflict with that strategy. It's my understanding the start bias is tied to the Civ, not the leader, so I'm not too hopeful.
I don't think Tokugawa will be geared toward culture wins - the negative tourism is too strong and the best case scenario with district tourism is late and quite limited. Missing half cost holy sites and theater squares is straight up worse in that regard too. However, domination and science victory seem to synergize with his internal trading. It's like having a scientific, cultural, and economic alliance with yourself. Quite interesting.

seems like hojo's probably the best for culture victories if you're being very optimal about it, but personally i always forget to send int'l routes to get more tourism anyways so for me they're probably about equal lol. and i think tourism from districts is pretty cool, more interesting than 1/2 cost holy sites and theater squares certainly. i'll prolly prefer tokugawa for culture and hojo for science/faith personally

Can't wait for the Rulers of China leak tomorrow! :woohoo:
Fingers crossed the Chinese community get their hands on something... again :p

kinda hope the devs remove Japan's starting bias under Tokugawa. It will be quite bad if your bonus applies to every city around your capital and then you spawn on the coast
I don't! I know it's just a game, but playing Japan as an inland Civ would put me off immediately.

Besides, it's only the loyalty bonus. Let's not forget loyalty is mostly useless anyway, especially in cities close to your capital, so there's no need to change anything.

The 100% loyalty is a decent tool for the AI.

I really really hate the disingenuous framing of these minimal bug fixes, well over a year after everyone knew this.

It's so condescending to talk as if we would all be impressed by this new discovery. I can handle the bugs way more than the institutional corporate dishonesty.

at least that combat bonus is against civs not in a golden age. Better than Mapuche's largely useless ability. I've gotten to the point I'll never attack someone in a golden age if I'm not in one. The loyalty situation is impossible to deal with.

Fingers crossed the Chinese community get their hands on something... again :p

I don't! I know it's just a game, but playing Japan as an inland Civ would put me off immediately.

Besides, it's only the loyalty bonus. Let's not forget loyalty is mostly useless anyway, especially in cities close to your capital, so there's no need to change anything.

The 100% loyalty is a decent tool for the AI.
It also applies for the tourism per district bonus, but yeah, you are right, it shouldn't matter anyway. The -25% tourism is too big to be made up for by +1 tourism per district near the capital. Bakuhan is quite a unique ability for sure, but it seems to lower the versatility of the civ, Japan is strictly scientific under Tokugawa I suppose.

I really really hate the disingenuous framing of these minimal bug fixes, well over a year after everyone knew this.
Did you actually watch the video? Main focus was crashes and they predicted this kind of reaction lol.

I'm guessing that the patch was delayed and that's why nothing was said at the beginning about it - or the whole thing was so last minute that we're getting things as they're completed. It's good that they're getting round to it, although I really hope those three aren't the only specifically noteworthy fixes. Maybe we'll see a decent game by the end of this.

I promise that (one day) I will stop complaining about this, but this line in the livestream almost made me fall out of my chair at work:

"Be it using districts, golden ages, or the skulls of your enemies, how will you command your way to victory in Civilization VI?"

I really wish they had dropped these thematic groupings for the Leader Pass -- it all feels forced and ill-conceived. The Negotiators were not negotiators. The Commanders are not commanders. Slight improvement with the second drop as Nader Shah does have a combat bonus as does Suleiman (golden-age-dependent).

Also: is anyone else uncomfortable with Tokugawa having Meiji Restoration? My (very) limited knowledge of the Meiji Restoration in Japan is that it occurred as a direct result of the demise and the rejection of the Tokugawa shogunate.

I know this isn't the only incongruence/tension in Civ VI when it comes to the historical civ and their representation in the game, but, hey, it's top of mind today.

Also: is anyone else uncomfortable with Tokugawa having Meiji Restoration? My (very) limited knowledge of the Meiji Restoration in Japan is that it occurred as a direct result of the demise and the rejection of the Tokugawa shogunate.

I know this isn't the only incongruence/tension in Civ VI when it comes to the historical civ and their representation in the game, but, hey, it's top of mind today.
I don't think I'm uncomfortable with it, but it's certainly unusual that a dominant culture and its counterculture and successor are both presented as a set of fairly compatible traits with this leader/civ combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom