[LP] Leader Pass Pack 2: Great Commanders Sneak Peak (Confirmed; Release Dec. 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been shared here? The person who posted this on reddit also posted this the same day, and it seems this one was posted before the one in the OP:

That's Japan's design from the mod Civilization Expanded.

I don't think this can be reasonably explained within the context of the two theories proposed. Certainly not the 2k website, and unlikely in the game files.

The models could still be real, I guess? But I've got zero confidence in the abilities.
---

Theory 1: It looks to me like this person took a screenshot not realizing he was using Civ Expanded, then took a second screenshot with the mod disabled.

That still doesn't solve the basic problem of these being high quality models.

Theory 2: This could be a 3d designer just seeking to see if people like the quality of his work, and maybe the 3d model wasn't even added to the game through XML but rather photoshopped into the screenshot (it's just a black background after all).

(Also, he joined the day he posted. There's nothing else in the account but a third tokugawa post which was deleted. He also seems to be from Vietnam.)

Edit: can anyone be bothered to play with the gamma and contrast and see if there's some noise emerging surrounding the leader or something.

Last edited:
It's been a long day...

So, Tokugawa's picture is actually from a mod?

Doesn't that pretty persuasively show that it was a fake, someone took it from that mod and tried to pass it off as a leak?

Tokugawa in the two screenshots seems to have slightly different pose, implying idle animation. I'm more inclined to believe that the model is legit due to this.
Are you positive? I can't tell the difference and I'm on my phone, can't use software to check it. Could someone put them side by side?

Could still be a still, with the model just slightly reoriented.

It's been a long day...

So, Tokugawa's picture is actually from a mod?

Doesn't that pretty persuasively show that it was a fake, someone took it from that mod and tried to pass it off as a leak?

Civ expanded doesn't include new leaders. It just reworks existing abilities.

That's why I suggested the leader ability was added through XML, bur the person originally didn't realise he had the Civ expanded mod on.

Edit: I meant XML/SQL, not DLL

Last edited:
Are you positive? I can't tell the difference and I'm on my phone, can't use software to check it. Could someone put them side by side?

Could still be a still, with the model just slightly reoriented.
The pose is definitely slightly different; the expression has also changed slightly.

Yep, the pose is only slightly different, which gives credence to @Kimiimaro comment. If it were a readjustment of a 3d model for a still image, it would make sense for the change to be more pronounced, no?

Screenshot_20221127-011125_Chrome.jpg

(also kudos to me for my phone trickery :p)
---

Edit: Where do we stand now? There's a good chance it's idle animation, but then why and how does this person have access to it? The Civ Expanded mod must mean it's not coming from within their offices.

It would be funny if it were one of the actual people involved in making the design, playing with it on their personal computer, with Civ Expanded enable by default :p

Ed said he has been using the Leader Pool to play with LP leaders only. It kind of implies most leaders are already at least partly developed and fit for testing.

So I'm back at "somebody from Firaxis", though on their personal computer, maybe...

Last edited:
As far as I know, some people recieved Great Commanders insteade of Great Negotiators, and with few hacks, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they found a way to unlock it.

Though I asked someone and they said that "unlocking" purchasable content is not that easy through file hackery, since the leader tags are reserved.

But I am inclined to believe this is real, because there's a lot of clues pointing to someone really leaking this stuff out.

So, the fine print says packs 3, 4, 5, and 6 are still planning to release in January, February, and March. But if they can get them out with the same turnaround as between 1 and 2, allowing for a little extra during the holidays, then it should work out.

I'm not ultra optimistic about a bug fix patch though.

That said...have they fixed the AI Science Bug? I've been playing again recently and the AI all still had armies around t200, their science has been reasonable (or at least more so)...compared to when I last played it, the AI is doing much, much better. I'm wondering if they fixed it quietly?

That said...have they fixed the AI Science Bug? I've been playing again recently and the AI all still had armies around t200, their science has been reasonable (or at least more so)...compared to when I last played it, the AI is doing much, much better. I'm wondering if they fixed it quietly?
AFAIK, nothing has changed.

*Edit - Yep, nothing changed in the game files, it's still
XML:
<Row ListType="ClassicalYields" Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" Value="150"/>

How many packs will there be in total?
Six. See the OP in the main Leader Pass Discussion thread

AFAIK, nothing has changed.

*Edit - Yep, nothing changed in the game files, it's still
XML:
<Row ListType="ClassicalYields" Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" Value="150"/>
Huh, strange. Thanks for checking. Perhaps the bug is just worse on the Switch than PC (I recently changed platform). The AI was definitely doing much better though. Usually, I get whooped in science and struggling against the Barbs' tech, then they disband their armies and just die. That hasn't happened the last couple of games on PC, I was even fighting machine gunners, which hasn't happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom