[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China Revealed (Coming Jan. 19th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unifier Qin Shi Huang, though... it looks like one of those mods where the Leader is just an existing Leader model but with the head being badly cropped. :p
The problem is the added armor. It looks like they just added it on top of the existing model so his head looks too small for his body.

Yongle and Wu Zetian look weird next to Qin Shihuang, since hes one of the cartooniest leaders in game. in comparison Yongle just kinda looks like some random dude, yknow? but i like him, thats definitely the face of a dude named the Emperor of Eternal Happiness. Wu Zetian looks great too! ^_^
The problem is the added armor. It looks like they just added it on top of the existing model so his head looks too small for his body.
yeah he looks like his mom gave him like 3 winter jackets to wear under the armor lol

Empress Wu has been my most anticipated leader for this pack, and her model does not disappoint.

Whatever problems the rest of the model has, Qin's topknot is on-point. I appreciate that Wu is a little more plump like in her depictions, though I regret that she doesn't look like Carina Lau. :mischief:

In his case, that's at least how he was portrayed in his portraits. I wish they'd either call him the Yongle Emperor or Zhu Di, though.
Yes, I googled him and it’s clear that’s the inspiration for his depiction here. It’s certainly accurate to the source but doesn’t “wow” me. I think some embellishment or something was warranted—at first glance his model looks quite similar to that of Kublai too, which is another problem.

I think part of it is that the yellow just doesn’t capture your attention, so all 3 (Ba Trieu, Kublai, and Yongle) immediately seem diminished compared to other leaders. I know yellow is an important color for the Chinese emperor, yes, but still.

In his case, that's at least how he was portrayed in his portraits. I wish they'd either call him the Yongle Emperor or Zhu Di, though.
Yes, I googled him and it’s clear that’s the inspiration for his depiction here. It’s certainly accurate to the source but doesn’t “wow” me. I think some embellishment or something was warranted—at first glance his model looks quite similar to that of Kublai too, which is another problem.

I think part of it is that the yellow just doesn’t capture your attention, so all 3 (Ba Trieu, Kublai, and Yongle) immediately seem diminished compared to other leaders. I know yellow is an important color for the Chinese emperor, yes, but still.
If he had that long beard, like in his portrait, I think that would have made him really stand out. :)

yeah he looks like his mom gave him like 3 winter jackets to wear under the armor lol
Knowing that Qin Shi Huang was supposidely so paranoid that he wore three layers of armor everytime to protect himself against assassination attemps, I think you're not that far from the truth (that's also why Qin Shi Huang looks so puffy in his historical depictions: not because he was fat (he was actually quite fit) but because he wore so much armor that he looked more chunky; Firaxis decided to add this weight not only in the armor but also on the face).

Anyway, quite good leaders. The fabric of Yongle's garnment seems kind of scheap (like some sort of plastic modern fabric), but I like his look. Very gentle. Wu Zetian seems regal which is perfect. Qin is ridiculous, but at that point that's why we love our hamster mascot.

what about her eyebrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom