[LP] Leader Pass Pack 4: Rulers of the Sahara Revealed (Coming Feb. 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rulers of the Sahara Game Update. Like Kjimmet mentioned. When was the last time we saw "game update" being used? I hope it's meaningful.
Well we did get ONE patch already (well a meaningful with fixes that were described), so it's possible they are alternating with actual big updates (which is actualyl smart considering it gives them time to ensure that it's of quality to fix the issues).

In case anyone missed it, the discussion thread for the livestream tomorrow is here:

It won't be unlocked until around 15 minutes before it starts.

Livestream time converts to
0430 Wed AEST (NSW / Vic / Tassie)
0330 Wed (Queensland)
0400 Wed (SA / NT)
0130 Wed (WA)
for any other Aussies out there.

I must just not be as picky about the leader heads as most people. I think they're all fine.
Yeah they look “fine” but that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement.

When all they release is the models up front, people just get really critical about how they look since that’s all we have. And really, the quality is noticeably worse than pre-NFP content.

When all they release is the models up front, people just get really critical about how they look since that’s all we have. And really, the quality is noticeably worse than pre-NFP content.
I mean that's true. When it's the only thing to talk about, people are going to talk about it.

It's only worse when you pick into the details. Admittedly, the leader models aren't the main thing I look at in the game, but I have thousands of hours into the game and I'd probably have about a 1/50 chance of guessing who the "consensus" best leader model was (if there was one). 99% of users will never notice the beard clipping issue from the previous pack. I mean, I remember someone pointed it out in these threads and noticing it there, but I couldn't even tell you which leader it actually was anymore.

Part of this is that the people on the forums here are not really the target audience for the previews. We all know the leaders coming, and people here are the ones digging into the files to see the leaked leader text from the next pass. The marketing is done so that maybe there's a chance my dad will eventually see that there's new content and ask about how to get it.

I mean, I remember someone pointed it out in these threads and noticing it there, but I couldn't even tell you which leader it actually was anymore.
It was me and it was Yongle. :p

I'd probably have about a 1/50 chance of guessing who the "consensus" best leader model was (if there was one).
This is actually an interesting question. My guess would be Poundmaker, personally. He seems to get a lot of praise, and he's very recognizable from his portrait, detailed, but stylized enough not to be uncanny.

It's only worse when you pick into the details. Admittedly, the leader models aren't the main thing I look at in the game, but I have thousands of hours into the game and I'd probably have about a 1/50 chance of guessing who the "consensus" best leader model was (if there was one). 99% of users will never notice the beard clipping issue from the previous pack. I mean, I remember someone pointed it out in these threads and noticing it there, but I couldn't even tell you which leader it actually was anymore.

Part of this is that the people on the forums here are not really the target audience for the previews. We all know the leaders coming, and people here are the ones digging into the files to see the leaked leader text from the next pass. The marketing is done so that maybe there's a chance my dad will eventually see that there's new content and ask about how to get it.

I usually only notice clipping when it's pointed out to me as well. Ramesses doesn't require much effort.

And I would argue that, if anything, long term fans of the series would have been more receptive of ok graphics as long as the game was good. The graphical polish of Civilization VI is directed at attracting a wider audience. Of course, since we're a discussion board, any new content to the game which is of lower quality than preceding content will be pointed out. But I don't think it's true that the target audience doesn't care about the quality of the models.
---

Edit: Once the LP is over, we should have one of those forum games that pop up once in a while (the -3 / +1 type, don't know what they're called :p) to see which are the favourite models in Civfanatics.

Edit: Once the LP is over, we should have one of those forum games that pop up once in a while (the -3 / +1 type, don't know what they're called :p) to see which are the favourite models in Civfanatics.
I'd be down for a leader elimination game. :D

Have to be very careful on the elimination game to separate the leader model and the gameplay elements. As evident here, those can have drastically different results.
Either way Keita has it in the bag for now. :mischief:

I have looking for an exact release time, but I haven't found anything. Someone knows at what time is released? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom