[LP] Leader Pass Pack 5: Great Builders (Mar. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.

Rebuild the world to be better than ever with the Great Builders Pack*. This is the fifth of six packs included in the Civilization VI: Leader Pass**.

Version 1.0.12.41 Size = 1.24 GB

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

THEODORA (BYZANTINES) ***

Theodora was an actress when she caught the eye of the Byzantine emperor-to-be Justinian. Because there was a law explicitly banning high-ranking men from marrying actresses, Justinian changed the laws and, two years later, he had ascended to the throne and she became Empress. In her position, Theodora expanded womens' rights and was instrumental in religious policy, bolstering the branch of Christianity that became dominant in Ethiopia, Syria, and Egypt. Along with Justinian, she's revered as a saint by multiple Orthodox churches to this day.

Narrator said:
Empress Theodora, you come from nothing to rule the remnants of Rome! With your wit and beauty you captivated the people of Constantinople, and placed your hand upon the great wheel of power. In a time of strife and division, let all be guided by your counsel and set your shining seal upon the land.

AGENDA: THE NEW ROME

Tries to build up Culture, and likes civilizations that also focus on Culture.

NEW ABILITY: METANOIA (RESTORER OF ICONS)
  • Holy Sites provide Culture equal to their adjacency bonus.
  • Farms provide a Faith adjacency to Hippodromes and Holy Sites.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

SEJONG (KOREA) ****

Widely regarded as one of the greatest leaders in Korean history, Sejong of Joseon promoted sciences, supported military advancements, and produced a book to help farmers learn new techniques from different regions. He is also credited with creating the Hangul alphabet, which replaced the Chinese characters previously used to write Korean words and is still used today.

Narrator said:
Sejong Dewang, Sejong the Great, ruler of Joseon, from your pen proclamations flow that shape the course of history. A new society, a new way of being is yours to direct. Let your people live harmoniously by your example, and let your wisdom and knowledge guide Korea towards its destiny.

AGENDA: NEO-CONFUCIANISM

Friendly to backwards civilizations that are lacking in Science and Culture. Dislikes civilizations that are ahead of him in Science and Culture.

NEW ABILITY: HANGUL
  • When you complete your first Technology from a new Era, you receive double your Science per turn as Culture.

LUDWIG II (GERMANY)

Born into Bavarian royalty, the “Mad King” Ludwig ascended to the throne when he was only 19 years old. It was during his reign that Bavaria lost its independence to Germany, but Ludwig is best remembered for his love of architecture. He personally funded the construction of elaborate castles that, despite ruining him financially and contributing to the abrupt end of his rule, are now among Bavaria's most important tourist attractions.

Narrator said:
King Ludwig, they call you mad, but your madness is the madness of dreams, of poetry and fairy stories. You imagined that the world could be otherwise, that we could build an enchanted kingdom where all seemed tedious and mundane. Oh Swan King, the world has need of your castles and knights, your dragon-haunted mountains and mystical grottoes. Come again, and give us new dreams.

AGENDA: ETERNAL ENIGMA

Likes civilizations that do not keep the maximum number of Districts in each city. Dislikes civilizations that build as many districts as possible.

NEW ABILITY: SWAN KING
  • Wonders, even if not finished, receive +2 Culture for each adjacent District.
  • All Culture adjacencies provide Tourism after discovering Castles.

*Base game and Leader Pass required to access Great Builders content.

**Base game required to access all Civilization VI: Leader Pass content and additional DLC packs required to access certain leaders and content included in the Leader Pass. Leader Pass is only available on Steam, Epic, Mac App Store, and iOS, and is already included as part of the Civilization VI Anthology Edition. See https://civilization.com/news/entries/new-leaders-coming-to-civilization-vi/ for more info.

***Requires Byzantium & Gaul content pack to play.

****Requires Rise and Fall expansion pack to play.

MARCH 15, 2023 UPDATE NOTES

• Significant quantity of crash and stability fixes
  • Nader Shah’s Sword of Persia ability no longer applies to units when attacking Cities not at full health
  • Portugal and Tokugawa now show Faith modifiers in Trade Routes
  • Miscellaneous model and animation polish + text tweaks to earlier release of Leader Pass packs
  • Automatically migrate options, settings, logs, etc., location to AppData directory

Last edited:
Here's the various jersey colours for each Civ.

great builders.jpg

And the icon style (left to right - Ludwig, Theodora, Sejong)
great-builders.jpg

Hi, i have problem, my game downlaoded the new leaders with no problem. But when i go to Worldbuilder i can only acces Ludwig, not the two others.
Must i added them? and if yes, why does Ludwig work?

Thank you at advance :)

Hi, i have problem, my game downlaoded the new leaders with no problem. But when i go to Worldbuilder i can only acces Ludwig, not the two others.
Must i added them? and if yes, why does Ludwig work?

Thank you at advance :)

The other two are from DLC civs (Byzantium and Korea). Do you have the DLCs that give them? Do you see Basil and Seondok, those civ's other leaders?

So either there were no bugfixes or they keep them secret. I cannot understand both options.

The other two are from DLC civs (Byzantium and Korea). Do you have the DLCs that give them? Do you see Basil and Seondok, those civ's other leaders?
Yes i have both of them, and i can acces both in Worldbuilders.. Hmm yes they are both DLC civs wonder what i can do

...and my first game with Theodora on level emperor is already over. Killed by Ambiorix in turn 35. So hard to get a religion and have enough units at the sametime.
But I will keep trying and get a victory some day.

Yes, there are. See Steam.
Good catch.

Here they are:

- Significant quantity of crash and stability fixes
- Nader Shah’s Sword of Persia ability no longer applies to units when attacking Cities not at full health
- Portugal and Tokugawa now show Faith modifiers in Trade Routes
- Miscellaneous model and animation polish + text tweaks to earlier release of Leader Pass packs
- Automatically migrate options, settings, logs, etc., location to AppData directory

These seem to be old. I think #2-#4 were already complete on a prior patch. Not sure about #1 since that's vague, and #5 seems to be causing issues with mod settings no longer loading appropriately.

Hmm. Here's what I've noticed so far:

- A bunch of non-English localization files have been updated from other LP DLC
- Rulers of the Sahara English localization has been updated. I think this basically just removed all the errant double spaces in the ability descriptions.
- Rulers of China Civilopedia text has been updated.

Yes, there are. See Steam.
There wasn't anything at the time of the update. They posted it around an hour after the drop. They also normally would post it to the main site as well, but they didn't this time.

*Edit - Op has now been updated with the patch notes such as they are.

Top Bottom