[LP] Leader Pass Pack 5: Great Builders (Mar. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

A quick question from modder's view - do Ludwig and Sejong's LA require new coding?

We know that the previous LP leaders used existed coding. But LAs introduced in this pack seem fresh. Especially for Ludwig who gets bonus from unfinished wonders. Could his LA code be used for unfinished districts/buildings?
Nope. Nothing new.

Sejong’s ability is a repurposement of the effect for the moon landing.

The unfinished Wonder thing is a bug modders have known about when applying certain district effects to Wonders. But the devs cleverly repurposed it as a feature for Ludwig.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying to my posting. I always appreciate that.

My steam account says I have over 12K game hours in Civ6. You can really believe me when I say: I know the game rules and mechanics, I know how the AI typically behaves and I know the typical strategies to achieve specific tasks. On the other hand: I often can't get the right timing or balance, and I acquired certain (hard to break) "habits" that prevent me from winning more games. At best, I am a "mediocre" player and can only win on deity with the 4 or 5 best/easiest civs with game modes on and very good starting positions. (After so many game hours, I should be more advanced.)

What you wrote in your answer is nothing new for me, but it works only sometimes because no one can "on purpose" catch or block every one of the barb scouts, especially when there are two or even more camps near your capital, which you sometimes don't even see for quite some time in the fog of war.
When a barb camp is "triggered" and the spawning of units starts, my opinion is this: 1.) Too many units are spawned in a very short time (about five in five consecutive turns) and 2.) The units are too strong compared what an "average" or "mediocre" player like me can effectively deal with. Quadriremes in turn 5, men-at-arms around turn 40 are not uncommon (even without Gaul or Babylon in the game).
All I wish for is: The developers should give us something like a "medium barbarians" option in the game setup. That could include a longer time span before the scout triggers the camp to spawn units, the camp could spawn less units, and the spawned units could be less advanced (for example swordsmen instead of men-at arms).
The good players like you or people who just don't care about barbarians could choose the other option with barbs behaving like in the current state of the game. In Civ5 that was called "raging barbarians" if I remember correctly.
Wouldn't you agree that giving the player the opportiunity to choose how aggressive he wants the barbs to be, would be a fair solution to the problem?
Question: Have you tried the Barbs since they fixed the science bug? Just you mentioned about them being too advanced, and that was a symptom of the science bug - sometimes they'd be several upgrades ahead of me for awhile, creating unconquerable territory where they were able to establish themselves (until the AIs died so Barb advancement languished, allowing me to get the edge and clear them all out). If you haven't tried since then, maybe it'll be better now that their progression is more..rational?

Automatically migrate options, settings, logs, etc., location to AppData directory

What does this mean? My logs are not updating in the normal location (Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs). Are the logs in a different location now?

I haven't played in a couple months and decided to add some new mods and checkout the latest patch updates. Whenever I add new mods I like to check that no log error messages are showing up due to the mods. I tried several things to get the logs working before coming here to look for more info like closing and reopening Civ6, disabling all mods, and restarting my computer (and of course playing a new game after each of these things).

What does this mean? My logs are not updating in the normal location (Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs). Are the logs in a different location now?
I found that my logs are now here:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs

Nope. Nothing new.

Sejong’s ability is a repurposement of the effect for the moon landing.

The unfinished Wonder thing is a bug modders have known about when applying certain district effects to Wonders. But the devs cleverly repurposed it as a feature for Ludwig.

Oh that's awesome using a weird bug as a feature!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever a problem is reported, someone says "Oh it's mods" as if this was a complete solution. I had a stable, playable game before the patch/leaders, which became an unplayable, unstable, crashing game. Is one supposed to disable one mod after another until one finds the culprit? That is not an enjoyable prospect.

So - I have found the actual solution, and as it's quite interesting and possibly useful for others, I'll post it here. It turns out that the patch had the peculiar effect of enabllng certain mods which had previously been disabled (because they were obsolete). I don't imagine that was an intended effect of the patch, but that's what it did. Re-disabling the re-enabled mods fixed the problem.

Every patch seems to activate every mod that you have installed. That's nothing new.

Every patch seems to activate every mod that you have installed. That's nothing new.
This. Every single patch seems to do this.

Hmm... i don't think so, are you sure?

What often happens is that modders update their mods after a patch, including mods you don't use, and when this happens they get automatically enabled.

But maybe I'm just not recalling it correctly.
---

The issue Abaxial mentioned I think was mentioned by someone else in a different thread (can't remember who or where), and I think the problem was the change of folder in this patch to Appdata.

Hmm... i don't think so, are you sure?

What often happens is that modders update their mods after a patch, including mods you don't use, and when this happens they get automatically enabled.

But maybe I'm just not recalling it correctly.
---

The issue Abaxial mentioned I think was mentioned by someone else in a different thread (can't remember who or where), and I think the problem was the change of folder in this patch to Appdata.
I mean, I don't know. Either way, disabled mods get reenabled whenever there's a patch. It's happened to me and I've seen people complain about it in YouTube videos, too.

I mean, I don't know. Either way, disabled mods get reenabled whenever there's a patch. It's happened to me and I've seen people complain about it in YouTube videos, too.
Yeah I guess even in official mods. Now that I decided to get Caesar I have to make sure the scout cats don't show up. It happened in my Ludwig game.

It certainly did not happen after the previous leader arrivals. As for disabling every mod and introducing them one by one, that would be just as tedious, given that a crash may only occur after many turns.

Top Bottom