1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader screen problem with AddPlayer() and 34 civ DLL

Discussion in 'Civ5 - SDK / LUA' started by ispanets, May 7, 2014.

1. ispanets

ispanets Warlord

Hi all!

I use whoward's 34 civ Dll in my Lord of the Rings MOD. I-ve set the main civ with the WorldBuilder, and the minor ones (from 23 to 34) incode, with LUA (PreGame.AddPlayer() function).

It works perfectly... except one thing. In diplo screen, it shows for all the new civs (added with AddPlayer()) that leader screen WAS NOT LOAD, although the XML with <FallbackImage> is loaded in the database as all the rest of civs, and the 2D .dds images are set to VFS=true. That is, for the standard number of civs, diplo works. But those added with AddPlayer, it doesn't load the DiploScreen.

Anyones knows any workaround or how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Khose

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

answered in PM, but C/P here in case there is someone else trying to do that.

2 solutions, neither perfect:

- make all civs loaded with the game (assigning them with a custom setup screen), "kills" the civs you don't need during the first turn and "revive" them (giving an unit or city) later when needed.
    - use a 2D screen to replace the background of the added civs, for that you need to override LeaderHeadRoot lua and xml files. (see my Leader fix for the 34 civs DLL as the game refuse to load more than 22 3D leaders)

3. ispanets

ispanets Warlord

The code for Leader Fix worked perfectly, highly recommended :)

THANKS, GEDEMON!