1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader Screens,

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by ZTZaorish, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ZTZaorish

ZTZaorish Warlord

Alright, so it has been a majority consensus that leaders don't change enough throughout the game based off of their affinity. (Hey Hutama, that wifi headset isn't impressing anybody)

Anyways, what if hybrid affinities had their own very unique leader screens late game.

For example, Lena Ebner goes full Purity/Supremacy. You have a diplomatic meeting with her, and how does she look? She rests on a nice red Matrix like chair as a Robot does all the talking for her. All she does is merely look at you and make occasional facial expressions.

This would perhaps be more appropriate if affinities went a bit farther and a tier 5 of units would be introduced. (Other affinity leaders would pale in comparison to this image of hybrid Lena)

2. evirus

evirus Warlord

Frankly id rather not see the leader screens at all, it's all just distracting fluff.

3. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

I agree that hybrids should have their unique aesthetics for leader screens, but I'd also like to see backgrounds that develop from sparse, to a full base version based on sponsor, to affinity variants.

For example, Fielding could have a classic board room, Bolivar an Xcom HQ-esq military base with holograms, and Kavitha a temple.

@evirus

It is one of the rare moments where leader and sponsor personality shows, something that is sorely lacking in the game beyond menus.

4. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

It's called Immersion.

@topic: I agree.

5. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

It's actually called expecting more than what the game is designed to give. The designs in Starships illustrate where your leaders go after years and years of evolution and interplanetary travel. You can't exceed that in BE, because BE is the baseline before any of that evolution is achieved.

So unless they redesigned all the leader art in Starships to make them more wacky, I don't see this happening.

6. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Starships level would be fine, at least its more than a change of clothes and glow in the dark contacts.

7. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

By the end affinity quotes in BE, even the Starshps appearances are a tame representation.

Regardless, BE should not be held back to accommodate a lightweight mobile game.

8. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

i doubt that floppy game will even be updated to have the new factions. I'd say screw it.