1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader Selection

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jun 4, 2012.

?

Which Financial leader would you prefer to play as?

1. Ragnar (Aggressive)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hannibal (Charismatic)

18.2%
  3. Willen van Oranje (Creative)

27.3%
  4. Pacal (Expansionist)

27.3%
  5. Victoria (Imperialistic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Huayna Capac (Industrious)

18.2%
  7. Darius (Organized)

45.5%
  8. Elizabeth (Philosophical)

54.5%
  9. Wang Kon (Protective)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mansa Musa (Spiritual)

27.3%
  11. Other (NOT Financial)

45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

My understanding is that the Org trait lowers Civic upkeep costs, not maintenance costs. In other words, we can switch to higher upkeep civics such as org rel at a lower cost, but this trait does not directly affect maintenance costs. Of course, it is still good for high maintenance maps because it makes courthouses cheaper, and we want more courthouses on higher maintenance maps.

Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding something?

2. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Halves civics, I think. I do believe you are correct.

3. vranasm

vranasm Deity

you can look here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=462113 for some organized x financial insight (love promoting my work :-D)

you can even try the map, if I remember correctly some people said it is "fairly easy".

The conclusion looked to be financial being stronger if you work over 30% financial improved tiles.

The effect of Organized is very tightly packed to the civics you run, typical "early game" civic is all low with slavery.
    Higher upkeep kicks in a bit later after adopting Bureau (high cost), OR (high cost), rep is mid cost (if I remember right), HR is low cost (if I remember right)

If I understood it correctly MP economy is very strictly tied to cottages (I think I even remember some warfare about cottages from 2metra in S&T) especially without tech trades you need good commerce base.

Not sure how the growth timing of cottages work regarding other speeds then normal, but in typical normal speed game if you have cottages capital (aka the land is there) come 1 AD you will run at least 1-2 towns and couple of villages (depending on overlap).

Would be foolish NOT to choose financial trait.

In the order of leaders going posted here I could definitely agree that all are very strong options to choose ;-)

Our option could be Darius for double economic cheese. Or Mansa for spiritual abuse (spares turns, which could be game breaking too)

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I know too little about selecting leaders in MP, so will just follow along.