Re: last paragraph, how much better it would have read if phrased as follows: “Defeated Phillip II and offered preferential trade agreements with England to commemorate the occasion”?
Given that Spanish Armada was mainly thwarted by not very clement weather, as I vaguely remember from school. Firaxis, Firaxis… sigh
:D

I saw a comment say that, with Elizabeth, we now have all the leaders who were in ALL of civ 1-5. Is that correct? I hvaen't played 1-3 much

Re: last paragraph, how much better it would have read if phrased as follows: “Defeated Phillip II and offered preferential trade agreements with England to commemorate the occasion”?
Given that Spanish Armada was mainly thwarted by not very clement weather, as I vaguely remember from school. Firaxis, Firaxis… sigh
:D
Fought with Philip II's armada because he did not want to make a trade agreement with England, indeed :)

As wikipedia offers in his article on the Counter-Armada (little insert here to remind the "Invincible" that was not the only armada that lost badly in the Anglo-Spanish not-official war)
Wikipedia said:
English Armada
The strategic objective of the military expedition was to break the trade embargo imposed across the Portuguese Empire, which included Brazil and the East Indies, and trading posts in India and China

Edit:
I saw a comment say that, with Elizabeth, we now have all the leaders who were in ALL of civ 1-5. Is that correct? I hvaen't played 1-3 much
Not correct. For starters, we are mising Isabella (Spain), also Cathie (Russia). <<< (Here starting (again) the petition to add them both at least, and William for Netherlands).
There are also other missing names, more difficult to add, such as Mao (China) or Stalin (Russia), from Civ1 at least (am also Civ IV iirc.). Other missing names from the top of my head: Civ III had Hatshepsut for Egipt. Octavius from Rome was on Civ IV, and Justinian. Also Charlemagne. Nebuchadnezzar has led Babylon in at least one game, and we had as well Xerxes and Darius for Persia... not to talk about leaders not having Civ in Civ VI: Hiawata (Iroquis), Maria Theresa (Austria), Ashurbanipal (Assyria).... (Plenty of options for a second Leader Pass or a Last Frontier pass, in case they wanted to make one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edit: Correcting myself, It's correct (I believe) if we are talking about leaders that were in ALL the games (did not notice the capitals, bad me.... :hammer2: ). There is a much smaller list for them - Caesar,

Last edited:
Fought with Philip II's armada because he did not want to make a trade agreement with England, indeed :)

As wikipedia offers in his article on the Counter-Armada (little insert here to remind the "Invincible" that was not the only armada that lost badly in the Anglo-Spanish not-official war)

Edit:

Not correct. For starters, we are mising Isabella (Spain), also Cathie (Russia). <<< (Here starting (again) the petition to add them both at least, and William for Netherlands).
There are also other missing names, more difficult to add, such as Mao (China) or Stalin (Russia), from Civ1 at least (am also Civ IV iirc.). Other missing names from the top of my head: Civ III had Hatshepsut for Egipt. Octavius from Rome was on Civ IV, and Justinian. Also Charlemagne. Nebuchadnezzar has led Babylon in at least one game, and we had as well Xerxes and Darius for Persia... not to talk about leaders not having Civ in Civ VI: Hiawata (Iroquis), Maria Theresa (Austria), Ashurbanipal (Assyria).... (Plenty of options for a second Leader Pass or a Last Frontier pass, in case they wanted to make one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edit: Correcting myself, It's correct (I believe) if we are talking about leaders that were in ALL the games (did not notice the capitals, bad me.... :hammer2: ). There is a much smaller list for them - Caesar,
I’m not sure that even in Civ 1-5 there was a consistent Caesar. I think they bounced between Julius and Augustus, and we at least have one of those now.

I presume they meant she is now with the other four leaders that have appeared in every civ game along with Alexander, Gandhi, Genghis, and Shaka.

Last edited:

Yeah, per your edit, all the Leaders that were in 1-5 are now in 6.

Isabella and Catherine are the closest after that - both were in 2-5. But Stalin led Russia in Civ 1, and Spain wasn't in Civ 1 at all.

Yeah, per your edit, all the Leaders that were in 1-5 are now in 6.

Isabella and Catherine are the closest after that - both were in 2-5. But Stalin led Russia in Civ 1, and Spain wasn't in Civ 1 at all.
Honorary mention to Montezuma, who was probably Montezuma II for the first 4 games, but was clearly Montezuma I for Civ 5 and Civ 6. :)

Oversaw the Elizabethan Era? You DON'T SAY??

I can't wait to see what they have to say about Victoria
Obviously oversaw the Age of Steam. :lol:

At the risk of being pedantic, the Elizabethan era was certainly a time of cultural flourishing, but calling it England's golden age is a bit of a stretch. England was still something of a backwater then, and was significantly poorer and less powerful than its neighbors well into the 17th century. In the popular imagination, the defeat of the Spanish Armada marked the reversal of Spain and England's respective fortunes, but in actuality they did not change until some decades afterwards; indeed, England's relative lack of prosperity remained conspicuous during the reign of Elizabeth's immediate successor, James I, as evidenced by this 1620 pamphlet blaming the importation of tobacco for its financial woes.

Lighting looks better on the model here.
On the contrary I think it looks worse, because it makes her look even more plastic, shiny and inhuman. But it’s a pretty small difference, and I’ve never been found of the style of the style of the Civ 6 leaders anyway. Different preferences I suppose.

Top Bottom