Of course Firaxis could update the model. There’s a good chance we haven’t seen the final version yet.

Modders can’t touch it though. They haven’t released any of the assets for this dlc. You’d need someone to make an entirely new model, animations, rigging, voicing, and textures from scratch.
Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be difficult, as there are only a handful of great looking leader mods out there. Without the assets, I understand it's not possible at all. Well, let's hope there is still time for them to implement some community feedback if they were willing to.

This isn’t something possible in the current codebase so I doubt we’d get anything like that. I also think it’d be far too limited to just have it proc off only two units.

I guess all the evidence points to a militaristic ability but I’m gonna be disappointed. I was hoping it’d be something with Wonders. Some bonus for completed Wonders made sense to me, since Egypt itself has the bonus to building them.

If I were to hazard a guess, maybe “completing a Wonder grants a free heavy cavalry unit” or something would be a component of it.
Yeah, their UU is in kind of a weird spot considering it replaces the Heavy Chariot, but it's ranged, but in GS it doesn't replace it at all. Scythia has something similar to where they produce a second Light Cavalry or Saka Horse Archer for free after building one.
So maybe when you're playing GS it spawns either a free heavy cavalry unit or your UU, but in a regular game it would be the same? :dunno:

Yeah, their UU is in kind of a weird spot considering it replaces the Heavy Chariot, but it's ranged, but in GS it doesn't replace it at all. Scythia has something similar to where they produce a second Light Cavalry or Saka Horse Archer for free after building one.
So maybe when you're playing GS it spawns either a free heavy cavalry unit or your UU, but in a regular game it would be the same? :dunno:
Given that a lot of Ramses' military reputation hinges on the depictions of the Battle of Kadesh, in which the Egyptian forces are given as divided into 4 primary and 1 auxiliary 'divisions' of several thousand men each, and the 4 primary divisions included an estimated 2000 chariots - a huge force for the time - an arguable UA for Ramses could be that he can form Corps in the Ancient Era. With a primary Ranged unit like the Maryannu that wouldn't be completely OP, but it would be very powerful against enemy units in open terrain.

Given that a lot of Ramses' military reputation hinges on the depictions of the Battle of Kadesh, in which the Egyptian forces are given as divided into 4 primary and 1 auxiliary 'divisions' of several thousand men each, and the 4 primary divisions included an estimated 2000 chariots - a huge force for the time - an arguable UA for Ramses could be that he can form Corps in the Ancient Era. With a primary Ranged unit like the Maryannu that wouldn't be completely OP, but it would be very powerful against enemy units in open terrain.
I guess there is precedent for new leaders outshining other leaders with similar abilities. Sorry Shaka, you don't get the earliest Corps anymore. :lol:

A Maryannu Chariot Archer corp would be fun. Probably too expensive to actually be practical, and likely still better to keep the units separate, but that thing would be oneshotting everything in the early game.
Just imagine in a TSL game:
Amanitore: Look at my Nubian Archers
Ramses: That's cute. Now look at my Chariot Archer Corps. :devil:

If I were to hazard a guess, maybe “completing a Wonder grants a free heavy cavalry unit” or something would be a component of it.
While it could be interesting, it would feel really like a downgrade after the Hippodrome/Industrial zones of Byzantium/Abraham Lincoln giving you a free unit for the district and each building. Like, you'll obviously build less Wonders than those districts, and it's far less reliable, so it should be combined with another bonus then to make it not just situational or anecdotic.

Of course Firaxis could update the model. There’s a good chance we haven’t seen the final version yet.

Modders can’t touch it though. They haven’t released any of the assets for this dlc. You’d need someone to make an entirely new model, animations, rigging, voicing, and textures from scratch.
Is there any hope that the unnamed DLC in the steamdb is a package with all the assets so far unreleased? Is that something that would make sense to be released like that?

That would be so good.

Is there any hope that the unnamed DLC in the steamdb is a package with all the assets so far unreleased? Is that something that would make sense to be released like that?

That would be so good.
I don’t know anything about what Steam depots could represent but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

They’ve never released the assets for any DLC outside of the 2 expansions. So modders are missing assets for all of the base game DLC (Poland, Nubia, etc.), NFP, and now Leader Pass.

How about completing a Wonder grants you a Maryannu Chariot Archer Army :)
P0kiehl suggested Heavy Cavalry, which makes it more useful throughout the entire game, but like it was already mentioned, it would be a weaker version of the Hippodrome.

A Maryannu Chariot Archer from Ancient and Classical wonders would work well along with the ability to form a corps though. You're getting it in a short window but the extra Maryannu would actually make corps feasible. You could then rampage your opponents in the early game.

I don’t know anything about what Steam depots could represent but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

They’ve never released the assets for any DLC outside of the 2 expansions. So modders are missing assets for all of the base game DLC (Poland, Nubia, etc.), NFP, and now Leader Pass.
Maybe it's a pack with ALL of the missing assets. Not just LP.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, just being wishful.

if i end up having to change Rameses's jersey anyways from whatever they give us i think i'll try out Purple_LT on Purple_DK to see if thats even better than Purple_LT on Purple_MD like in the spotlight
I was curious too, so I just modified Cleo's colours temprarily to see how they'd look.
egypt colours.jpg

A = AquaDK / YellowMD
B = PurpleDK / PurpleLT
C = PurpleDK / MagentaLT
D = AquaDK / OrangeLT
The Magenta one seems to stand out a bit more. I ususally use AquaDK background with Tan foreground for Egypt.

Now I have to go revert my changes : )

I was curious too, so I just modified Cleo's colours temprarily to see how they'd look.
View attachment 653665
A = AquaDK / YellowMD
B = PurpleDK / PurpleLT
C = PurpleDK / MagentaLT
D = AquaDK / OrangeLT
The Magenta one seems to stand out a bit more. I ususally use AquaDK background with Tan foreground for Egypt.

The best Egypt's jersey is from Civ5. Yellow/purple

idk whats the problem about his skintone, but his animations and textures...well.. I hope Firaxis will see this topic and gonna fix it.

Ramses genuinely looks hideous. By far the ugliest leader in Civ VI by a large margin. I was only able to see this abomination today...

- Circular objects have blatant sharp edges.
- Lighting is off. Everywhere on the body. Makes it look like a prototype.
- VA being the same as Gilgamesh is off putting, especially when the voice does NOT match the body whatsoever.
- The mouth moving when put alongside the audio. Yuck.
- Teeth look like dracula.
- The black line around his eyes are horrifyingly thin and make it look so off. Complete cultural mess up. I mean compare it to Cleopatra.
- Quality of jewelry looks like it comes straight from a cartoon. No detail, just flat colours.
- Looks really buff for no reason at all.
- Hands bigger than the face for whatever reason.
- He has a plain white tunic. I mean, they couldn't give it just a little design?
- Someone earlier mentioned uncanny valley, I have to agree. He looks like a wax model.
- His hat looks like it's made from paper and coloured with a blue marker.
- I'll skip the skin colour thing, but I will say with that abomination of makeup and that light of skin it makes him look hideous. Like some guy from Texas was cosplaying as Ramses.

Ptolemaic Cleopatra is much better, but this is so bad. Poor Ramses. He looked good in Civ V and they did this to him.

Last edited:
View attachment 653665
A = AquaDK / YellowMD
B = PurpleDK / PurpleLT
C = PurpleDK / MagentaLT
D = AquaDK / OrangeLT

ooooh i really like PurpleDK/MagentaLT, plus its got my namesake in it (fy00sh is from fuchsia)
tried out some more combos myself now im home from work
20230213014333_1.jpg
top to bottom:
  • PurpleMD/PurpleLT (what i think ramses's provisional is),
  • OrangeDK/AquaMD (based on ptole!cleo's outfit pre-jewelry-color-change, posting it in this thread since im here anyways),
  • PurpleMD/MagentaLT (trying out foreground magenta here too since its a good idea)
i think PurpleMD/MagentaLT might be my fave for ramses, while OrangeDK/AquaMD looks p good for ptole!cleo

also i had a thought abt ramses's model i cant quite get out of my head. esp with the teeth and the hand size, doesn't he kinda look like he could be the tf2 scout's dad?

The actual "eye of horus" icon currently used for Egypt is pretty low res. Hope it gets a bit of a tweak when the pack comes out.

Top Bottom