[LP] Leader Spotlight: Suleiman the Magnificent

Understandably they didn't put in the ginormous real turban, as that would've cost too much processing power as well as being reason to accuse them of being overly comical in their leader style.

Understandably they didn't put in the ginormous real turban, as that would've cost too much processing power as well as being reason to accuse them of being overly comical in their leader style.
The amount of polygons a larger turban would take would be absolutely negligible to your processor.

Didn't realise this had been posted in its own thread. I'll transfer my comment here:
---

I had to check the previous Leader Spotlights to make sure I'm not imagining things. They're all supposedly 1080p60, but is it just me or both Tokugawa and Suleiman look like 720p60 (or less) in these clips? They both look blurry to me, compared to the previous three.

I guess it doesn't matter much.

Didn't realise this had been posted in its own thread. I'll transfer my comment here:
---

I had to check the previous Leader Spotlights to make sure I'm not imagining things. They're all supposedly 1080p60, but is it just me or both Tokugawa and Suleiman look like 720p60 (or less) in these clips? They both look blurry to me, compared to the previous three.

I guess it doesn't matter much.
It looks fuzzy to me too.

On another note, does his beard look grayer?

It looks fuzzy to me too.

On another note, does his beard look grayer?
Looks darker to me. I think the grey-look comes from the light shining on the darker beard and the blurriness of the video.

ETA: Watching again, I'm doubting myself. It does sometimes look greyer, but it's really hard to tell if it is or if it's the light and quality...

In my case, I find youtube takes too much time to fit the HQ video stream (so I only get HD video at the very end, when only the pack announcement is visible, and there is barely time to go back in the video. So, while youtube says the video is at 1080p60 i'm actually seeing it at 460 (blurry letters too, in example). ¿Maybe that's your case too?

In my case, I find youtube takes too much time to fit the HQ video stream (so I only get HD video at the very end, when only the pack announcement is visible, and there is barely time to go back in the video. So, while youtube says the video is at 1080p60 i'm actually seeing it at 460 (blurry letters too, in example). ¿Maybe that's your case too?
Don't think so, that would also affect the previous leader spotlights. Besides, the letters and background are all perfectly clear, it's only the model that looks blurry.

Understandably they didn't put in the ginormous real turban, as that would've cost too much processing power
30% more processing power, for 30% more onionness. A worthwhile sacrifice.

Regarding the most important stuff, the environment lightning around this version of Suleiman seems to be different, meaning that this model, as opposed to the default from R&F, has no Firaxis-logo-shaped light shining on him. Groundbreaking.

Hey, finally someone reflected in the best feature of the new leader packs: It's 19 new models to look for firaxis logos! :p

This looks much more like how I imagine an Ottoman sultan than the green and black ensemble does.

Here is how real Suleiman looks like. Not an black skin or arabian man! Is Firaxis making in on purpose this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Can we not? :coffee:

Hey, finally someone reflected in the best feature of the new leader packs: It's 19 new models to look for firaxis logos! :p
I'm afraid there may be none to find, I think not one new logo has appeared starting with NFP. Looking at Teddy, Saladin and Suleiman personas, these leaders seem to actually have had logos removed from them.

This (along with lack of logos on many of the older leaders and logos appearing on different models like the daughter-advisor from the cinematics) leads me to believe that putting logos on leaders wasn't some general agenda imposed by the lead designers on all the devs working on the leadermodels and leader-textures, but rather an ongoing personal joke between one or several people who used to work on the leaders, but no longer do. I'm slowly mentally moving towards acceptance of this great case being closed.

Why ridicule him? He has a point. I well remember the Tamar outcry. Needless to say, her model got fixed. This one probably won't tho, as it's essentially free.
You're thinking of Seondeok, and Seondeok's issue was that she didn't look Korean, not her skintone.

You're thinking of Seondeok, and Seondeok's issue was that she didn't look Korean, not her skintone.
There was some discourse over Tamar's skintone as well, and it did change. However, it was due to petitioning by modern Georgians, I believe.

Anyway, I'd consult an art historian before instituting any changes to Suleiman to match that portrait.

There was some discourse over Tamar's skintone as well, and it did change. However, it was due to petitioning by modern Georgians, I believe.
I recall people complaining about her skintone, but I didn't recall it being changed. She's still a little darker than she's usually portrayed but well within the range of modern Georgians.

Anyway, I'd consult an art historian before instituting any changes to Suleiman to match that portrait.
That portrait definitely postdates Suleiman. His portrait by Titian is darker. Not as dark as NuSuleiman but very comparable to OG Suleiman, which, again, makes me think there are some tricks of the light going on with Suleiman's coloration here.

Top Bottom