[LP] Leader Spotlight: Suleiman the Magnificent

It was always obvious to me that the color of his beard was different. None of his appearance is tricks of lighting. Sorry for another post like this, mods-

Thoughts on his quote?

It was always obvious to me that the color of his beard was different. None of his appearance is tricks of lighting. Sorry for another post like this, mods-
I could be just tricks of lighting though. I don't think Firaxis would go out of their way to purposefully change the skin tone on an already existing character. It would fit perfectly well with all the lack of attention to detail that we've seen so far in the Leader Pass for them to have played with lighting without considering how that would make the characters look different from one another.

Just to provide some clues (and obviously increasing brightness on a 2D image isn't the same as digital lighting on a a 3d model), the picture below should give some indication of the effect of increasing the light a bit.

sulei.png

The beard is a different matter. It's larger and greyer, probably to make him look older.

I could be just tricks of lighting though. I don't think Firaxis would go out of their way to purposefully change the skin tone on an already existing character. It would fit perfectly well with all the lack of attention to detail that we've seen so far in the Leader Pass for them to have played with lighting without considering how that would make the characters look different from one another.

Just to provide some clues (and obviously increasing brightness on a 2D image isn't the same as digital lighting on a a 3d model), the picture below should give some indication of the effect of increasing the light a bit.

View attachment 647468

The beard is a different matter. It's larger and greyer, probably to make him look older.
I think it's pretty cool that they are showing him at two different ages.

I kinda makes me wish we had a Young Pericles persona with a Trireme UU.

I think it's pretty cool that they are showing him at two different ages.

I kinda makes me wish we had a Young Pericles persona with a Trireme UU.
Given Pericles' model I think that would require more than a persona in the sense we've seen so far. :p

View attachment 647468

Yep probably it's something in the lines of blue&black vs yellow&gold dress: clothing colors of new Suleiman are brighter, so in comparison skin tone may seem darker, even if being the same color.

In any case (and mod's forgive me for bringing the topic again), as someone with a "mediterranean" skin, I've to say changing skin tone from Suleiman1 to Suleiman2 depending on how much sunlight you have been exposed to in the last days is also perfectly possible :)

Those are some comically tiny little hands and fingers. Is that part correct?
Perhaps they also tried to represent the comically tiny little hands and fingers, but since they make hands waaay too big (exhibit A: Julius Caesar's ginormous hands), Magnificent Suleiman's hands appear just normal?

Top Bottom