So this doesn't mean that market places will generate Great Writers, right?

Is the extra gold from Great Works of Writing meant to offset what you've spent on GWs themselves? It doesn't seem like it will make up for the expense, but what do I know.
I might have preferred something like +5 gold for GW of Writing. Won't the extra production be a waste, since you're not really meant to hard build anything as Mali?
You do have production so you always will be building something. Agreed that it is more geared towards making up for their malus though. I suspect you'll want to get both theater squares and sugubas up quick in much the same way that Musa wants holy sites and sugubas...

Though Jesuit education could also lead to a very interesting faith economy for Keita, especially with Sugubas still having adjacency from holy sites...

You do have production so you always will be building something. Agreed that it is more geared towards making up for their malus though. I suspect you'll want to get both theater squares and sugubas up quick in much the same way that Musa wants holy sites and sugubas...

Though Jesuit education could also lead to a very interesting faith economy for Keita, especially with Sugubas still having adjacency from holy sites...
Giovanni de Medici is also a must recruit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 3.20.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 3.20.30 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Sundiata Keita just became my favorite of the new leaders. :D It's like Kongo and Mali had a baby, and the baby did not have Kongo's awful music or reliance on getting relics by chance. :mischief:

Sundiata Keita just became my favorite of the new leaders. :D It's like Kongo and Mali had a baby, and the baby did not have Kongo's awful music or reliance on getting relics by chance. :mischief:
I knew you would appreciate markets that just become amphitheaters as well.

I think the only reason I like Kongo's music is that they are the first civ I played so it brings back a nostalgic, feeling of happy innocence. Other similar pieces in Civ really grate on my nerves after a while.

IIRC Mali won the music elimination thread? Or at least did well... With good reason!

I think the only reason I like Kongo's music is that they are the first civ I played so it brings back a nostalgic, feeling of happy innocence. Other similar pieces in Civ really grate on my nerves after a while.
All of the music from the base game civs gets me intensely nostalgic, including the DLC preceding Rise and Fall. It’s my favorite set of music for that reason

All of the music from the base game civs gets me intensely nostalgic, including the DLC preceding Rise and Fall. It’s my favorite set of music for that reason
I agree... but also think R&F in particular generally knocked soundtracks out of the park. Mali and Cree were exceptional so very happy to have another excuse to listen to Mali.

Top Bottom