1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader suggestions for the 3 "missing" trait combos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Frostyboy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Frostyboy

Frostyboy Never Beaten

There are as most know, three combinations of leader traits that are not operative; those are:

Creative + Charismatic
    Protective + Organized, and
    Industrious + Philosophical

The third one is obmitted for obvious reasons (too much synergy between GP growth and wonders). Still this could be implemented given a new civ with a special unit/building that are under standard to compensate for this.

The first one has a slightly disadvantage as you get +1 :) for Monuments with Charismatic, but do not build them as you get +2 culture from being Creative.

To make a mod for these three leaders, which ones should be the candidates?

Regarding graphics, I guess there are plenty of already existing ones available.
    If you could suggest the suitable graphic mod for your choice as well, that would been great :thumbsup:

So Please - vote for which civs and leaders should take on the role for these three missing traits! :goodjob:

2. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Creative + Charismatic = King David of Israel?

3. Frostyboy

Frostyboy Never Beaten

That could be interesting :) Is there any graphic to suggest?
    Which unique building and unit should the israelites have?

4. AbbieRevo

AbbieRevo Non-Voting Delegate

Unique building for israel should be Mossad, an boosted intelligence agency, and the unique unit should be the slinger, an archer with a bonus vs. cavs

5. axident

axident Chieftain

Ind + Phil = overpowered. Ask any player who builds mass wonders why it'd be overpowered. I believe early betas of Civ IV had that combo but it was taken out for obvious reasons.

6. playshogi

playshogi Chieftain

Protective + Organized wouldn't be a bad fit, either. Must start with Mysticism and Agriculture (kibbutz).

Granary (kibbutz) +1 pop at 40% full.
    Courthouse (+50% EP)

7. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

This sounds all right to me. We have a civilization. We demand ISRAEL!! :mad:

8. AbbieRevo

Perhaps Pro-Org for one leader, and cre-char for another

9. Frostyboy

Frostyboy Never Beaten

Yes, it could be great to combine the two leaders in the same civ. I think a Cyrus mod is already in use for king David.

As for Ind+Phi, it is provided that the special unit is a pretty crappy one; same goes for the building. In that way, this combo should not be overpowered.

10. gregh87

gregh87 Chieftain

Solomon could be phil/ind-he was wise-phil, and built the temple-ind.

11. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

Industrious/Phil could be one of the Mugal Indian leaders. The UU (fast worker) and UB (Mausoleum) are rather week (the fast worker is week militarily at least), although the UB is stronger in BTS.

Protective/organized could be an Isreali leader (david or Solomon).

Creative/Charasmatic: Polynesia but not sure about this.

12. AbbieRevo

For Ind-Phil it would have to a REALLY crappy UU, like an Axeman with no Melee Bonus, or catapults that do no Collateral damage.

13. MGee

MGee Chieftain

Ind-Phil trait combo would be a total powerhouse of wonders and Great Ppl! :eek: :eek:

Pro + Org: What about Otto the Great for the Holy Roman Empire. As I know it he made order in the HRE and successfully defeated the Hungarian raids (my ancestors btw :mad: ). UU and UB are given!

Cre + Cha: Abu Bakr for the Arabian Empire? He was the first caliph, a charismatic leader and he started systematizing of his ancestors' heritage. UU and UB are given again!

14. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

How about another Aztec leader with Ind-Phil, as they did build some huge monumental structures, and Tenoch was possibly larger than any European city in the 15th century....would make a refreshing change from Zooma's insanity....

15. synyster

synyster Chieftain

Israelites UU should be Desmond Decker :lol:

16. jimbob27

jimbob27 Chieftain

I think they just need to bite the bullet, and put ind/phi in there. They could cripple the AI with it, by giving him a really crappy personality (like the old tokogawa).

Sure, it'll be powerful, but no more than org/fin is... and char/agg. Sure, it'll be more powerful than some civs.... but no more than the Romans are, with their UU. They could be balanced for human players, by giving them a REALLY bad UU and UB. Something like a barracks that only gives 2xp.. would be a pretty decent counter, to powerful traits.

17. futurehermit

futurehermit Chieftain

I currently have the Canada Mod installed with 3 leaders with these three trait combos. It has Canada with fishing-hunting which I think tones-down Phil-Ind a LOT. Canada here also has a fairly late (though powerful) UU replacing infantry. The UB also comes quite late replacing broadcast towers.

I tried Ind-Phil to see just how uber-powerful it would be, but frankly I don't see it. Was it good: Yes. But uber-powerful. No, I don't think so, not with fishing-hunting and a late UU and UB. Put ind-phil with mining-myst and an early UU and UB and yes that would be pretty crazy.

I think all trait combos should be in regardless though. Heck praetorians are uber powerful, but are still in the game. Would you rather have praets or camel archers? The game is not completely balanced, but that is part of the fun for me. Do I want a challenge or more of a breeze this game? If I want a challenge I'm ok with winning later (or losing). If I want a breeze, I focus on winning earlier than normal.

I really enjoy having the three additional trait combos in the game. I personally am a fan of creative-charismatic.

Regardless of which mod/civilization you add (add your favourite!) I think that it is a great idea to mod in a 3 (or 2 if you really don't want ind-pro) leader civ to round out the game.

18. Lars_Domus

Lars_Domus Say No 2 Net Validations

Charismatic/Creative for Harun al-Rashid, of course! He was both a competent general and a patron of the arts.

... Hey, I might just mod him in with that combo :)

19. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Industrious/Philosophical should only be allowed for civs with bad or very late UU and UB. Germany might be acceptable, but I think the traits might be a good choice for Lincoln. Another leader should get Philosophical/Charismatic.

Protective/Organized: If there could be a more modern leader for the Aztecs it should be Benito Juarez and Protective/Organized suits him perfectly. The traits are not very good, but double production speed for the already cheap Sacrificial Altar compensates for this.

Charismatic/Creative: Maybe Shapur II. I want a Persia leader from the Sassanid dynasty. Creative would fit well since his reign is considered a golden age for Persian culture.
    The second trait could be Aggressive or Imperialistic because he was constantly at war with Rome, but Charismatic is also a good war-trait and will do as well.

20. SkippyT

SkippyT Who?

Cre/Chm could be Queen Margaret I of Scandinavia/Denmark.
    Pro/Org would be a nice fit for an Israeli leader, preferably Solomon.
    Phi/Ind...never :D