[LP] Leader Spotlight: Abe Lincoln

Why the short tease with no info at all Firaxis? Come on! Give us something about the new abilities!
To torture us but of course.

At first glance I was convinced that Abe re-used Wilfrid's animaton, but upon closer inspection, no, they are different enough, albeit similiar.

To torture us but of course.
They are the biggest trolls, of course.

I have to as, I appreciate Lincoln's voice actor. I don't know whether or not that's an accurate Midwestern accent, but I love the carrying gravitas of Lincoln' voice.

I was so excited for couple seconds and then I saw the short length of the video...
Oh well, if they start doing these short teasers, we can atleast analyze the voice, the greeting line, the language choice and the overall quality.

I have to as, I appreciate Lincoln's voice actor. I don't know whether or not that's an accurate Midwestern accent, but I love the carrying gravitas of Lincoln' voice.
As a resident Midwesterner (and downstate Illinois, no less), I'd say it's close enough.

Edit: NM, just watched the trailer. Lincoln also has big hands.
They're big, but they're not as distracting as Caesar and Menlik's noodle fingers.

Well, he sounds "normal" to me so that must mean it's right. :D

Probably isn't that hard to find a voice actor from Chicago after all.

Chicago would be a no-no actually. It has a Great Lakes accent. The Midwest has a kind of mixture of Mid-Atlantic American and Inland Southern.
Well I'm an Upper Ohio Valley/Pittsburgh "Yinzer" so what would I know. :D

As an aside, forget where I read it but people thing that judging by his facial features, etc., Abe probably actually had a fairly high pitched voice. That's no fun though.

As an aside, forget where I read it but people thing that judging by his facial features, etc., Abe probably actually had a fairly high pitched voice. That's no fun though.
I've heard that before. They theorize he had some kind of pituitary gland issue that made him tall and gangly with a whispery voice.

According to contemporary observers/listeners who actually heard him, his voice was high-pitched, but working as a circuit lawyer trained him in how to use it, so no one ever complained about not being able to hear him.
The model, frankly, looks like the younger, pre-Congress, lawyer Lincoln rather than the later Lincoln so often photographed and depicted. Don't know what difference that might make in how they portray him in-game . . .

According to contemporary observers/listeners who actually heard him, his voice was high-pitched, but working as a circuit lawyer trained him in how to use it, so no one ever complained about not being able to hear him.
The model, frankly, looks like the younger, pre-Congress, lawyer Lincoln rather than the later Lincoln so often photographed and depicted. Don't know what difference that might make in how they portray him in-game . . .

The model's age looks younger, but Lincoln famously grew his beard in when he became president because a little girl wrote to him that it would make him look less homely. A congressman Lincoln would be beardless.

If anyone is wondering why it seems like I'm a know-it-all on Lincoln, the Illinois school system is inordinately proud of him and indoctrinates all these Lincoln factoids into us at a young age.

Why the short tease with no info at all Firaxis? Come on! Give us something about the new abilities!
My assumptiom is that they’re gonna release these short teasers over the weekend leading to sort of try and build modest-but-consistent hype, so we will have one for Nzinga/Saladin tomorrow and then the other on Sunday, and then full First Looks + Livestream(?) + release on Monday

The model's age looks younger, but Lincoln famously grew his beard in when he became president because a little girl wrote to him that it would make him look less homely. A congressman Lincoln would be beardless.

If anyone is wondering why it seems like I'm a know-it-all on Lincoln, the Illinois school system is inordinately proud of him and indoctrinates all these Lincoln factoids into us at a young age.
Never said they got it right, and am well aware that bearded Lincoln is strictly presidential. Just saying that except for the beard, he looks a lot younger than his presidential age.
The Missouri school system used to do the same thing with Samuel Clemens in their English classes - the only person to come out of Missouri, apparently, who could write a coherent sentence with all the pronouns spelled correctly . . .

They have to drop a new leader animation to distract from big-hands-gate with Caesar.

Edit: NM, just watched the trailer. Lincoln also has big hands.

Lincoln has big hands in line with most characters in the game. He also has a big schnozzle, but that's also common.

Caesar looks a bit like a Warhammer 40K character.

Lincoln has big hands in line with most characters in the game. He also has a big schnozzle, but that's also common.

Caesar looks a bit like a Warhammer 40K character.
Having painted far too many Warhammer and Warhammer 40K figures, this is Dead On Target.
The characteristic of cartoon and fantasy characterizations in illustrations are, in fact, grossly out of scale hands, facial features, and weapons - all the Warhammer weaponry is grossly out of scale with the figure, for example.
I blame Caesar on the original decision to go Cartoonery in the graphics for Civ VI.

Top Bottom