Leader Trait to add +1 Great General Points to Palace [Solved]

kingchris20

Wisdom Seeker
Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
Is there a way to add +1 Great General Points to the Palace for a specific leader trait?

I've tried a few different things and maybe I'm just overthinking it....my current workaround is to have a "companion building" to the palace with its only effect to generate +1GG points, which I don't really like because it 1) shows up as a unique building on the loading screen, and 2) shows up as a building in the city details screen.

I know aztecs have GGP at their arena replacement building, so you can check that code?
Yeah, I started with a replacement building to the palace, but the palace seems to be hardcoded to start with a city, so when I did it, I ended up with 2 palaces, even if I set it as a replacement for the palace, and even if I set the 2 buildings as mutually exclusive.

I was wondering if there was a way to update the palace to include GGP but only for my leader.....but I couldn't think of a way to do that (the update would affect all palaces, and I don't know how to tie an update to a leader trait)...so basically my current workaround is just having a 2nd "palace" that has none of the palace effects, but adds a GGP.

For anyone else that may stumble upon this thread and wants to add Great Person points to the palace through a trait.

Found my solution with an EffectType that is used no where else in the game that I can see and created a Dynamic Modifier with a requirement that the city has the palace.

*thanks to ChimpanG for this - https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-collectiontypes-and-requirementtypes.624159/

Code:
    <LeaderTraits>
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_KC20_TES_YSGRAMOR" TraitType="LEADER_KC20_TES_YSGRAMOR_NIGHT_OF_TEARS_TRAIT"/>
    </LeaderTraits>
    <TraitModifiers>
        <Row>
            <TraitType>LEADER_KC20_TES_YSGRAMOR_NIGHT_OF_TEARS_TRAIT</TraitType>
            <ModifierId>TRAIT_YSGRAMOR_NIGHT_OF_TEARS</ModifierId>
        </Row>
    </TraitModifiers>
    <DynamicModifiers>
        <Row>
            <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_POINTS</ModifierType>
            <CollectionType>COLLECTION_PLAYER_CITIES</CollectionType>
            <EffectType>EFFECT_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_POINTS</EffectType>
        </Row>
    </DynamicModifiers>
    <Modifiers>
        <Row>
            <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_POINTS</ModifierType>
            <SubjectRequirementSetId>YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE_REQUIREMENTS</SubjectRequirementSetId>
        </Row>
    </Modifiers>
    <ModifierArguments>
        <Row>
            <Name>GreatPersonClassType</Name>
            <Value>GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_GENERAL</Value>
        </Row>
        <Row>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Value>1</Value>
        </Row>
    </ModifierArguments>
    <!--  -->
    <!-- REQUIREMENTS -->
    <!--  -->
    <RequirementSets>
        <Row>
            <RequirementSetId>YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE_REQUIREMENTS</RequirementSetId>
            <RequirementSetType>REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL</RequirementSetType>
        </Row>
    </RequirementSets>
    <RequirementSetRequirements>
        <Row>
            <RequirementSetId>YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE_REQUIREMENTS</RequirementSetId>
            <RequirementId>REQUIRES_YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE</RequirementId>
        </Row>
    </RequirementSetRequirements>
    <Requirements>
        <Row>
            <RequirementType>REQUIREMENT_CITY_HAS_BUILDING</RequirementType>
        </Row>
    </Requirements>
    <RequirementArguments>
        <Row>