1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader Trait to add +1 Great General Points to Palace [Solved]

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by kingchris20, Feb 2, 2018.

1. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Is there a way to add +1 Great General Points to the Palace for a specific leader trait?

I've tried a few different things and maybe I'm just overthinking it....my current workaround is to have a "companion building" to the palace with its only effect to generate +1GG points, which I don't really like because it 1) shows up as a unique building on the loading screen, and 2) shows up as a building in the city details screen.

2. criZp

criZp Chieftain

I know aztecs have GGP at their arena replacement building, so you can check that code?

3. kingchris20

Yeah, I started with a replacement building to the palace, but the palace seems to be hardcoded to start with a city, so when I did it, I ended up with 2 palaces, even if I set it as a replacement for the palace, and even if I set the 2 buildings as mutually exclusive.

I was wondering if there was a way to update the palace to include GGP but only for my leader.....but I couldn't think of a way to do that (the update would affect all palaces, and I don't know how to tie an update to a leader trait)...so basically my current workaround is just having a 2nd "palace" that has none of the palace effects, but adds a GGP.

4. kingchris20

For anyone else that may stumble upon this thread and wants to add Great Person points to the palace through a trait.

Found my solution with an EffectType that is used no where else in the game that I can see and created a Dynamic Modifier with a requirement that the city has the palace.

*thanks to ChimpanG for this - https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-collectiontypes-and-requirementtypes.624159/

Code:
        <LeaderTraits>
            <Row LeaderType="LEADER_KC20_TES_YSGRAMOR" TraitType="LEADER_KC20_TES_YSGRAMOR_NIGHT_OF_TEARS_TRAIT"/>
        </LeaderTraits>
        <TraitModifiers>
            <Row>
                <TraitType>LEADER_KC20_TES_YSGRAMOR_NIGHT_OF_TEARS_TRAIT</TraitType>
                <ModifierId>TRAIT_YSGRAMOR_NIGHT_OF_TEARS</ModifierId>
            </Row>
        </TraitModifiers>
        <DynamicModifiers>
            <Row>
                <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_POINTS</ModifierType>
                <CollectionType>COLLECTION_PLAYER_CITIES</CollectionType>
                <EffectType>EFFECT_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_POINTS</EffectType>
            </Row>
        </DynamicModifiers>
        <Modifiers>
            <Row>
                <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_POINTS</ModifierType>
                <SubjectRequirementSetId>YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE_REQUIREMENTS</SubjectRequirementSetId>
            </Row>
        </Modifiers>
        <ModifierArguments>
            <Row>
                <Name>GreatPersonClassType</Name>
                <Value>GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_GENERAL</Value>
            </Row>
            <Row>
                <Name>Amount</Name>
                <Value>1</Value>
            </Row>
        </ModifierArguments>
        <!--  -->
        <!-- REQUIREMENTS -->
        <!--  -->
        <RequirementSets>
            <Row>
                <RequirementSetId>YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE_REQUIREMENTS</RequirementSetId>
                <RequirementSetType>REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL</RequirementSetType>
            </Row>
        </RequirementSets>
        <RequirementSetRequirements>
            <Row>
                <RequirementSetId>YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE_REQUIREMENTS</RequirementSetId>
                <RequirementId>REQUIRES_YSGRAMOR_CITY_HAS_PALACE</RequirementId>
            </Row>
        </RequirementSetRequirements>
        <Requirements>
            <Row>
                <RequirementType>REQUIREMENT_CITY_HAS_BUILDING</RequirementType>
            </Row>
        </Requirements>
        <RequirementArguments>
            <Row>
                <Name>BuildingType</Name>
                <Value>BUILDING_PALACE</Value>
            </Row>
        </RequirementArguments>

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    raen likes this.