Leader Trait to Lower Diplomatic Visibility?

rarmonio8920

Chieftain
Hi,

Would it be possible to do something similar, but counter, to Catherine's leader trait? Meaning... I want opposing civilizations to have reduced diplomatic visibility of me?

The XML for her trait is as follows. Changing the Amount to -1 makes sense, but what about the Source_Trait values and tags?

Code:
<Row>
            <ModifierId>UNIQUE_LEADER_ADD_VISIBILITY</ModifierId>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Value>1</Value>
        </Row>
        <Row>
            <ModifierId>UNIQUE_LEADER_ADD_VISIBILITY</ModifierId>
            <Name>Source</Name>
            <Value>SOURCE_TRAIT</Value>
        </Row>

If that doesn't work the way I was hoping, any suggestions on how to reduce opposing visibility?

I haven't tested anything of this matter but do take into consideration that even If it works, this trait affects other civs. Which means that it will be penalty and YOU will have reduced visibility over everyone else, which isn't what you want.

I haven't tested anything of this matter but do take into consideration that even If it works, this trait affects other civs. Which means that it will be penalty and YOU will have reduced visibility over everyone else, which isn't what you want.

Yeah, that makes sense... I was thinking about it too and exploring how diplomatic visibility works. I don't recall seeing any easily-editable game effects that allow us to modify our own visibility. From what I can gather, it just looks like all the modifiers and effects available can amplify our ability to see other civilizations.

Top Bottom