1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaderhead KFM

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by MightyToad, Feb 21, 2021 at 4:31 PM.

1. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

I am hoping there is a utility to convert the leaderhead KFMs to XML. Konverter FM only works for unit KFMs unfortunately.
    I've searched the downloads and forum. Doesn't seem to be anything available. :cry:

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

What do you mean listing them in an xml file like with units?

3. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/esemjays-kfm-converter.263215/

Esemjay made KonverterFM a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It lets you convert KFMs into XML files. Then you can edit it to change what NIF, and KF files it uses. Then convert that back to a new KFM.

For some reason the KFMs for leader heads are different from the ones for units. KonverterFM just throws an error when you try to decode. :think:

Qskope is supposed to be able to edit kfms, but I have no clue how to use it.

4. Sword_Of_Geddon

Try asking around, maybe Xyth or Saibohleah could be of help. Ramzay too if he was around.

5. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Guess nobody went into this thus far is that there is basically no reason to do so, since the animation set is the same for all leaders (greeting, positive, negative, 5 idles). The only benefit I could see at the moment is to rename the files to fit to the custom leaderhead name. But I am certainly curious. Why do you want to decode the leaderhead kfm to xml, if you do not mind sharing?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021 at 7:47 PM
  6. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

I think I will need to modify all the KFs for a leader head to work. I generally rename modified files to keep track of what is what. That's not possible in this case if the KFM can't be changed.
    I mean it's not a huge deal. Can't conflict with anything if they are in their own folder.
    Maybe it's a bit of OCD. :twitch:

7. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Yeah, can understand the notion, I also normally try to mod as "clean" as possible. But for the leaderhead kfm we sadly are missing the fitting tool it seems.

I also had a quick look what notepad can make of the kfm files, and from what I can see, the leaderhead kfm has a number of differences in the structure, so it is probably also not possible to somehow create such a kfm using the unit kfm tool.

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Yeah, almost every leaderhead always has all files including animations in the same folder. Its pretty much standard. I wouldn't worry about it.