1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaderhead Preview: Boudicca of the Celts

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by psycow87, Aug 13, 2004.

1. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Ok so ive seen other people try Boudicca leaderheads and everyone hounds them on how she actually was a beast of a woman so I decided to try the more historically acurate version. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

What did you base your "historically acurate" version off of? It looks good to me but I have never heard of her before. BTW she still does not lood like a beast. The small info I found on her said that she was the British Queen of ancient Britain

This was the pic they had attached.

Your is certainly better looking that the attached pic. That being said I like your better.

3. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Ok so i probably didnt use the right word (stupid small vocabulary :p ) by "historically accurate" I ment "more realistic" as in kinda realistic proportions and a more barbaric look and Ive always heard of her as a celtic queen

4. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

You planning on keeping her naked?

Edit: Did you know that you qualify for a custom avatar? (New Rules 30 days and 30 posts) You seem very talented with the computer but if you'd like someone to make one for you you can click on the "got Avatar?" in my sig and we'd be happy to try for you.

5. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

From what Ive heard that would be the most appropriate thing for her for the ancient age

6. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

You should put in a Chalice in the picture :lol:

7. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Yes... not naked but rather bare-breasted, but since its just the face, that's basically naked.

8. frenchman

frenchman Present is past of future

She looks good ...I have a job for her in my celtic mod ... Perhaps you can add a "torque" around the neck ...

9. Dom Pedro II

I hear she used to go into battle with a wee babe suckling her teat.

10. frenchman

Not sure to understand what you mean but it seems not very practical to fight ... ;)

11. Dom Pedro II

:lol: Yeah, I'm only kidding.

12. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

OK Im still looking for a torque prop but in the mean time I have decided to do the medieval era. Heres a preview. Any comments, suggestions, death threats, etc. are welcome ;)

Attached Files:

13. Mallek

Mallek Seraphym Vampire Hunter

Boudicca warrior queen! were do you begin, problem is that you could write all the historical documents about her down onto 6 a4 pieces of paper and all the fictional material a=on about 1000 a4 pieces of paper. But if you go by the discription of Boudicca by Plyius the elder at the time of the first occupation of england by Rome in AD60 - She had shoulder length Red hair and was a statuesque of about 5'8'' (for those of you who don't know what statuesque means or looks like think ''Sigorney Weaver/Ripley from alien''. and wore the tipical clothes of a barbarian queen. Had to say exactly what she wore as it was never mentioned, but she would have worn something like what Brenus of the celts wares in [c3c]. She would of definitly worn a necklace of solid gold heavy set with an opening at the front , (I haven't got a pic at the moment I'll try and find one) the necklace would have been a gift from the Ceaser, as at the start of the romen occupation Boudiccas husband colaborated with the Romans so he wouldn't have to lose his land. :coffee:

The medieval version you have done is great though :goodjob:

(PS. I DO NOT USE THE PC DATES I.E. A.C.E. AND B.C.E. BECAUSE THEY ARE LUDICRAS AND SERVE NO PERPOSE)

14. frenchman

You could perhaps make it, the torque can be very simple ... :goodjob:

15. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

simple it may be but I have several problems
    1. I dont know how to make props
    2. I dont even know if Daz Studio can make props
    3. Im not even entirely sure what a torque looks like :blush: which is kinda sad considering Ive been looking for one for a day now and I dont even know what Im looking for :lol:

16. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Ok still not much luck with the torque... If someone could post a pic of one I might try to make one with one of the several programs I have downloaded. Also I have put together what I think is an ok modern era preview. Since she was a warrior queen, I think it is most appropriate to put her in fatigues (sp?)

Also, does anyone have any ideas for the backgrounds? I dont think just grey is gonna cut it ;)

Attached Files:

17. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

The modern era looks quite good.

18. Tathlum

Tathlum Gallowglacht

19. QFred

QFred Home Made Comments

Naked, she is a hot babe. Dressed she loses her funnyness.

20. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error