Leaderhead Replacements

G-Force Junkie

Old Vulcan Guy
I just though of some leaders I'd replace for Civ4. Some are practical while others are asthetic. This is assuming of course that there would only be one leader for all the ages.

1. America - George Washington or Teddy Roosevelt
2. Russia - Peter the Great
3. France - Napoleon

1. My recommendations for American leaderheads is merely asthetic because the two given plus Lincoln have their good traits and reasons to make them leaderheads.
2. My recommendation for Russia is based on the achievements of the Russian Empire under Peter, namely the strides towards westernization, the establishment of St. Petersburg, and the expansion of the Russian Empire towards Siberia.
3. My choice for the French leaderhead is obvious. Not only was he notable on the battlefield, but the legal system he established was a landmark system, not to mention that he actually led France as a head of state.

While not a big game issue, I liked the Civ II choice of gender, because it gave me a choice.

There could be a poll of what leader and why for every nation.

America: George Washington
China: He who put the Chin in China, the 1st Emperor
Egypt:Khufu

It should either be a stereotype (from international perspective) or the one who led during the most prominent golden age.

It would be nice if we could have our pick, choosing from options. This would be very nice if we also dealt with, say, a mod where you might want to have leaders from....I don't know, the past two centuries or something.

And France's leaderheead is not "obviously" Napoleon. He did not build a nation to last (although his legal landmark is an achievment ; and certainly he can neither be heralded as the savior of france, the father of france or any such thing, certainly not in the way Elizbeth can be heralded for England or Bismark for Germany.

So my vote goes to Louis XIV (as the sovereign of the TRUE french golden age) or Richelieu (probably the most deserving of the title of Father of France) as the French Leader. Richelieu, while not technically a king, still lead the state and has just as legitimate a claim as Bismarck (in fact, the two are decidedly similar figures).

I'd like to see several leaderhead options for every civ. At least a male and a female for each.

Beloyar said:
I'd like to see several leaderhead options for every civ. At least a male and a female for each.

But who should be the Zulu or Mongol female leaderhead? Many other civs would also have problems to find female leaderheads! Maya, Inca, Japan etc.

I think iposted that before in the wrong thread :mischief:
But here I go again...:
I think that it would be of some interest to ask people if they actually change their leaders name even while retaining the Leaderhead...
Some leader choices struck me from the beginning as strange with some others I could always live with...
When I was playing with the Chinese I was always(in my warmongering games) changing the leader's name to Sun-Tzu,and also Rommel when I was playing the Germans.
At the same time because of my nationality I was struggling to find a more contemporary Greek Leader and I always found myself in an impass...
On the "russian front" I was always thinking of Peter and Nievsky, I just could not stand the idea of me being identified with that awful woman...
I think that identifying yourself or the perceived enemy is and always be a matter of "taste"(in the broader sense possible)...but I'm fond of the Idea of Age-specific leaders since it's always strange to deal with the same opponents for the better part of 4000 years...

And here I compiled a list of alternative leaders(for your pleasure and bashing)

Greece: Diogenes(the one who when asked by Alexander if the latter could do something for him asked him to move a little bit to the left because he was cutting of the sunlight)

Rome:Nero( undisputed musical talent, will make for awsome 3D flames in Civ4)

Germany: Herman Goering: (Politically Incorrect, but he just could not fit in a 2D frame.Now he will have a chance)

Russia:Rasputin(this is a serious choice,he embodied the worst of 3 worlds:Russian palace politics, church, russian paesantry)

Byzantines:Theodora!!! (cannot beat that one:before becoming emperess she was an entertainer, and there is a famous description by Polybious of one of her shows involving a hen, grapes, and her naked body)

England:AEthelred II the Unready(http://www.britannia.com/history/monarchs/mon14.html): I think the name is a sufficient argument here...

France:pippin the Short (in French Pépin le Bref; in German Pippin der Kurze):Imagine the empty screen with the tip of the crown emerging from the bottom...

USA:Bill Gates(this post has performed an illegal operation and

Beloyar said:
One male & one female for each civ would be good :thumbsup:

I actually just posted something having to do with this on the civil war thread. Maybe have it so that the list of military/scientific leaders is also a list of possible leaders to start the game as. This has to do with civil war because if your civ goes into civil war, one of those leaders may rise as the leader of the opposing faction, meaning they need their own leaderhead anyway. just some thoughts....

Or maybe just go back to stills like in civ 2 and allow players the ability to import a picture and customize their leadership qualities and or civ qualities on a point system at the start of each game.

I'd have to say, I like the idea of gender choices. But as it was said, some civs would have trouble with the female.
Too change th subject.
I never did like the idea of Joan of Arc in France. She didn't really lead anything.
Alexander wasn't Greek, he was Macedonian. They conquored(sorry about spelling) the Greeks along with much of the Medditerainian.

If no female is available, make two male choices.

No Rasputin! You don't know what you're talking about.

Top Bottom