LEADERHEAD: Tangaloa of the Polynesians

sween32

The Worthless
SPECIAL THANKS to GIDustin for yet again saving the day fixing a transparency problem. I now owe him, by my own will, a leaderhead request.

DOWNLOAD TANGALOA

POLYNESIA AS A CIV
Cities and Great Leaders - by stainz
Civilopedia entry - by stainz
Bonuses - Expansionist, Commercial

Polynesian Unique Unit
Hokulea by embryodead
A stat-clone of the Galley available immediately without a prerequisite

Attachments

• poly_preview.jpg
    poly_preview.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,295
here's the cities and great leaders by stainz

Attachments

• leaderscities.txt
    928 bytes · Views: 474
and the civilopedia entry by stainz

Attachments

• civilentry.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 329
Awesome! Completely different approach. I am not sure how you do it Sween, but I wish all the other Leaderhead creators would try and emulate your work. You put the rest to shame. Well done once again.

I didnt make the PCXs did I? It appears as many of them have pallette problems. (You knew I was going to say that, didnt you?)

GIDustin

I could not stand that city list - I see it's from CTP but its *totally* fake - they are random island names, mostly from French Polynesia, which isn't Polynesian home!! - c'mon Haraiki and Tikei are small (2km long!), almost uninhabited atolls, not capitals by any means, and not the places where Polynesians came from.

I've made a new list. These are mostly cities and towns + some islands, if they had no central dwelling place etc.

The list is based on the Polynesian expansion chronology (Fiji -> Samoa & Tonga -> Marquesas -> Tahiti, Society & Cook Is. -> Tokelau, Tuvalu, Kiribiati, New Zealand, Niue, Tuamotu, Wallis, Rapa Nui and other small islands of the whole Polynesian triangle).

Hawai'i is not on this lists - they have their own (I can post it too), because I made them a civ, with Lili leaderhead.

Suva
Lautoka
Savusavu
Salelonga
Tafua
Naku'alofa
Apia
Pago Pago
Sapapali
Salailua
Falealili
Pangai
Neiafu
Ha'amonga
Anapua
Hane
Ha'atuatua
Taiohae
Atuona
Hanaiapa
Hakahau
Hanavave
Papeete
Maeva
Vaiare
Rikitea
Mataura
Uturoa
Fare
Tiki
Tiputa
Avatoru
Kia Ora
Vaitape
Vaita'otia
Paeao
Avarua
Rakahanga
Pukapuka
Manihiki
Matá-Utu
Bairiki
Vaiaku
Alofi
Nukunono
Fenuafala
Atafu
Tamaki
Rotorua
Ngaruawahia
Manurewa
Manukau
Kaiapoi
Te Puke
Waitangi
Orongo
Vinapu
Anakena
Tuherahera
Opipine
Fakatopatere
Tiputa
Maragai
Tearavero
Paganie
Motutapu
Tupapati
Mahetica
Ikitake
Maiai
Tuheiava

He does look awesome... Love your Castro too.

thanks for all the compliments guys! this was the quickest leaderhead i've made and probably my favorite (next to robert the bruce for sentimental reasons as he was my first)

Originally posted by Nder
I wish all the other Leaderhead creators would try and emulate your work. You put the rest to shame. Well done once again.
I like to think we fill in the holes where others lack. Piernik does a nice job of making his leaderheads look Firaxis style. Kinboat does the cool stuff like Angels and Gorillas. GhengisFarb does the "naughty" ones, and was THE pioneer in Poser leaderheads.

Originally posted by GIDustin
I didnt make the PCXs did I? It appears as many of them have pallette problems. (You knew I was going to say that, didnt you?)

GIDustin
WHAT WHAT WHAT????? Will they be fixed in the version on your website?

Originally posted by embryodead
I've made a new list. These are mostly cities and towns + some islands, if they had no central dwelling place etc.
Cool! Thanks!

Originally posted by Kinboat
He does look awesome... Love your Castro too.
:blush: also going to be working on an elf leaderhead for GIDustins Magic mod. i'd have a preview, but for some reason the armor i have that would be perfect for him isn't working anymore. :(

I noticed (as did Zulu) that the CULTB pcx was missing. So here you go...

The PTW ones are blue. I took the background from Brennus pcx.

The PCXs by Sween were 256 color mode, but had transparency problems.

The cultb posted was in 16 million color mode.

Here are correct versions of all PCXs. (Except civilopedia icon imnages, which worked fine)

Will they be fixed in the version on your website?
No they wont, as my web server is running low on HD space, so all leaderheads are going to become romotely linked, where my site links to the CFC link, or their personal homepage link. I will also keep a copy on my HD just in case the remote copy dissappears (CCM01)

GIDustin

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/PolyPCXs.zip

Originally posted by GIDustin
No they wont, as my web server is running low on HD space, so all leaderheads are going to become romotely linked, where my site links to the CFC link, or their personal homepage link. I will also keep a copy on my HD just in case the remote copy dissappears (CCM01)

GIDustin

You do realise that linking directly to the file, and not the page, is called bandwidth theft? I doubt a big site like CFC will really care, but you should bear it in mind.

Incidentally, you left out poly_all.pcx, to go in Art\Advisors :egypt:

You do realise that linking directly to the file, and not the page, is called bandwidth theft? I doubt a big site like CFC will really care, but you should bear it in mind.

I will PM thunderfall about that. Most people come to my site for units, not leaderheads, so if worse comes to worse, I will delete the leaderhead section entirely to make way for more units.

Incidentally, you left out poly_all.pcx, to go in Art\Advisors :egypt:

This file is included in the first zip file, and the one in there is in the correct format, so I saw no need to post it twice.

GIDustin

Top Bottom