Leaderhead Woes

Lordoflinks

Chieftain
Greetings!
I have been playing RoM: AND for a while and upon seeing the wonderful Civ Pack I installed it and had the desire for even more leaders, specifically more females and Mussolini. Now I have run into a problem, I've attempted to create a module file with custom leaders I've downloaded, with this structure:
upload_2016-12-7_21-36-31.png

The xml files are in the corresponding leader folders.
The structure worked well for leaders who had xml files bundled with the download but when I had to create my own xml files for Mussolini I set them up in what appeaser a correct manner, as compared to the AND civ pack xmls, but upon running the game I get these errors:
upload_2016-12-7_21-39-45.png

upload_2016-12-7_21-40-16.png

Could someone please point out where I have gone wrong, I have attached the relevant xmls.

Attachments

• Mussolini_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
    22.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Mussolini_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
    504 bytes · Views: 73
You are missing a </LeaderHeadInfos> from the end of Mussolini_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml.
The other file may be okay from what I see in it. I think it gives you an error again because it cannot find <Type>LEADER_MUSSOLINI</Type> in the other file.

Oh... You want a downloadable version, I shall look into it then. In other news I am making a second pack focused on completely made up leaders from the future.
EDIT: What are the general rules on permissions in CivFantics as all the leader heads I've used come from the downloads, and I've had to hand write A LOT of xml files and create buttons. (By that I mean copying the xml files and editing them.)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity:
Why did you need a new Mussolini LH? It's already included in one of these :c5capital: Mega Civ Pack ,:viking: Custom Leaderheads and :king:->:egypt: Alternative Leaderheads. I don't remember which, I use them all.

In other news I am making a second pack focused on completely made up leaders from the future.
Wow! Can you give some details?
EDIT: What are the general rules on permissions in CivFantics as all the leader heads I've used come from the downloads, and I've had to hand write A LOT of xml files and create buttons. (By that I mean copying the xml files and editing them.)
AFAIK you should at least mention the original authors. You can try to ask for permission but many moders have retired and cannot be reached.

It is the mega civ pack I think, and that seemed too much bloat for me, and I preferred less civilisations and more leaders. Plus writing the xml files for Mussolini taught me how to edit them. The second pack adds 13 leaders to existing civilizations from the future, so as to fit the future era ROM adds. For example the US is in a second Civil War and the EU has become fascist.

PEACE THROUGH POWER!

Can I request Samuel Hayden/UAC from Doom?
You can request anything.
I promise nothing ;-)

...but I can hardly imagine a robot leading an ancient civilization.

My original reasoning for the future leaders was that I wanted a female leader for America, and that was the only way I could do it.
I've ran into a problem, I suspect the leader of the EU graphics files are bugged, as the xml appears to be fine, but her leaderhead is failing to load, but as I have no idea how to edit graphics I don't know what to do, and I don't want to release the pack without her.

I wanted a female leader for America
So you voted for Hillary :D

I cannot help with your graphics problem but you can still release your pack as it is and update it later once you have solved the problem.

Top Bottom