1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaders and LH's Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by BurnEmDown, Sep 10, 2009.

1. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

This thread will be dedicated for choosing the right leaders for each civ, their switch date, leaderhead, and all those stuff.
    So for now leaders are 0% completed according to http://rhye.civfanatics.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rhye's_and_Fall_of_the_Greek_World_Project_status, so let me start the discussion by adding some info about Israel:
    it's either David or Solomon for the first leader, here's the links for info on both of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon.
    If we want 3 leaders for Israel then 2nd could be Jehoshaphat, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehoshaphat, and 3rd probably Manasseh, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehoshaphat.
    If only 2 leaders should be picked then David or Solomon are a must, and a different leader should be voted on.
    I picked the ones who I remember from school to be the most influentual (we've only learned about half of them, the other half didn't do any important stuff).

2. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Maybe Solomon and Herod the Great? Purely so the whole chronological spread is represented.

How will leaderheads be handled Rhye? All 3D or...?

3. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

Well I'm not sure when is the civ supposed to collapse, you could see Herod the great as just a province governor after Israel was conquered.
    But you could also regard Israel as a vassal state of those who conquered it (maybe except for Babylon which obviously conquered it in the control all cities in the area kind of way).

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

i'd say let's go with 3D. There should be enough available now. But let's keep one leader per civ for now.

5. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

OK then, so for Israel let's go with either David or Solomon, I think just picking one with the best looking LH will be fine for now, I'm sure no one will oppose any of them.
    Should I search the site for LHs that fit? I'm not really sure how to do it.

6. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

I'd start by searching the "Graphics Modpacks" forum.

Egypt, Babylonia, the Celts, Persia, Carthage, Rome and Byzantium have LHs already, so just that leaves:

Phoenicia
    Hittites
    Israel
    Athens -- use Pericles?
    Sparta -- use the vanilla Alexander but call him Leonidas?
    Macedonia -- use the Alexander LH which was put in RFC recently?
    Huns -- Atilla, obviously. We could rename Genghis Khan for him.

7. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

There is a Attila somewhere if I am not wrong. Based exactly on Genghis Khan.

edit:

If I'm not wrong you used Ekmek's Alexander in RFC. His library has Attila (Huns), David (Israel), Mursilis (Hittites), and most importantly Skeletor and Schwarzie.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=277514

The Capo's library has Solomon (Israel) and Cleomenes and Pyrrhus both of which could be used for Leonidas.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=300561

Hiram of Phoenicia by Amra: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265234&highlight=hiram

8. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

I couldn't find one. But that's probably because I was spelling it wrong =P

Yep, here's one by Ekmek.

9. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

I like the David one, I think vanilla Alexander could be used for Leonidas, and everything else Umarth suggested.

10. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

For Leonadis, why don't you use one of two leader heads?

The first one is HERE.

And the second is HERE.

This first one is better than the second in my opinion, but either is okay. I personally think either is much better then using vanilla Alexander, however.

11. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I found these leaderheads. (From Rise of Mankind)

From left to right:
    Dido (Carthage)
    Leonidas I (Greek)
    Marcus Aurelius (Rome)
    Suppiluliuma (Hittites)
    Masinissa (Carthage)
    Nebuchadrezzar II (Babylon)
    Nefertiti (Egypt)
    Cleopatra (Egypt)

12. M41d3n.dc

M41d3n.dc Chieftain

Like some leaderhead is gilgamesh, i have find few leaderheader to replace it :

etruscan : Romulus and Remus (even if is not real person)

israel : Soloman

huns : Attila

egypt : cleopatra (maybe if egypt is a vassal of rome...)

sparta : leonidas I

Hittite : Hattushili III with gilgamesh

13. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

So? If historically collapsed nations should be given leaders only until their historical deadline, that leaves us with Hammurabi in charge of Iraq-Syria region for over 3000 years and Asoka in India for 1000 years more than that. As I support including Akbar the Great in charge of India in regular RFC (historically a Muslim governor), I think even "lesser" leaders should be given their due credit if it helps spreading the chronological sphere without compromising with quality.

EDIT: I find Cleomenes I a fine Leonidas. Link here.

14. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

Actually a good suggestion.

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I prefer the ROM version. (see post 11, upper-right in screenshot)

16. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn Chieftain

The only one of these that I really like as a leader and leaderhead combination is Alma's Hiram of Tyre.

My personal taste is that the helmeted Greeks are pretty ugly. Pericles takes his helmet off, so he's okay. But most of the Leonidas's don't inspire me.

Ekmek's leaderheads can be good, especially his Roman LHs. His Nero might be good for an Etruscan - Lars Tolumnius or Lucius Tarquinius Superbus? Marcus Aurelius might be good for a Leonidas.

An alternate Spartan leader might be Lycurgus. I didn't like 300, by the way, so I'm not gonna slobber over needing Leonidas. ;-) Lysander would also be a good choice, but he doesn't seem to have much in the way of known visuals.

The Attila is good, but I'm not sure if it's better than using Genghis Khan.

None of the Israeli leaderheads really grab me as they are. Maybe using the original Alexander LH as David?

The only pictures of Hittites that I can find have pointy hats, so I may go along with the modded Qin Shi Huang from the ROM screenshot. Which Hittite leader can be debated, I have no particular knowledge of the Hittites (a huge gap, I know).