Leaders and speaking mute

chrisgatt7

Prince
when I play the game all the leaders are mute. All other sounds are on full blast and I checked the settings. Everything is at 100 full max volume

I would try reinstalling your audio drivers, if that doesn't work you should verify the integrity of the game files.

When the leader diplomacy screens come up, the foreign leaders aren't saying anything on the audio; it's just a silent diplomacy screen. I thought this was just a missing feature from Civ 6, but then I saw other threads listing the phrases and translations. Anyone else seeing this?

Solved it--leader animations were turned off by default for some reason. For anyone else with the same problem, it's an advanced option under the Graphics tab.

when I play the game all the leaders are mute. All other sounds are on full blast and I checked the settings. Everything is at 100 full max volume

Are you getting animations or just static diplomacy screens? If the latter, check that your leader animations are on--it's one of the advanced options under the Graphics tab. Mine was turned off by default for some reason, and that solved the problem.

Speculation--I can't imagine this was turned off by default, or most people wouldn't even have known it was an option. But the first thing I did after downloading was run the benchmarking tool--maybe that turns off leader animations and doesn't turn them back on?

Top Bottom