Leaders Going Against the Expected

The Almighty dF

Pharaoh
I'm sure we've all had incidents where an AI controlled leader did something they normally wouldn't ever do, so. Let's all share experiences?

This happend to me yesterday. I'm playing on Noble, marathon speed, and I'm on a continent with Mansa Musa and Mehmed (I'm Darius.)
I do what one would normally do: Focus on military and empire management techs. I'm also building up espionage because I built the Great Wall (force of habit for me these days thanks to random events.)
I notice something... Musa is teching behind. Odd, since it's normally the tech leader.

Mansa Musa. Spammed axe-warriors, settlers, and workers.
He then obliterated both me and Mehmed.

I also had another incident awhile back where Gandhi went nuts. He -nuked- several of my cities and vassalized two other civs after a long and bloody war. Which he initiated.
All I could do was think back to that Gandhi scene from UHF.

i had shaka as my neighbor, and he didn't build much of an army. nor did he declare, he was trying a peacemongering strategy...

Was random personalties on?

Shaka was vassalized in one my games. These 3 words = overkill

i never have or will use random personalities.

then again, his neighbors were catharine, monty and pericles. i will assume he was holding his cards until someone was vulnerable? thats just not like him though...

I never turn random personalities on.

Actually I was addressing The Almight dF but I guess it applies to you too, thadian...

I had a game where Isabelle wanted to be my friend and was offering me all sort of sweet deals for resources.

I still have nightmares about that. I didn't even have her religion! (I didn't have one at all).

This screenshot of someone's shadow game of Mad Scientists' Boudica RPC is a pretty good example. :p

This screenshot of someone's shadow game of Mad Scientists' Boudica RPC is a pretty good example. :p

I'm terrified.
That is possibly the most frightening thing I've seen in game, aside from those glitches that cause eyes and teeth to bug out.

Um... does any know how to take a screenshot on a mac but on the windows side of things (I don't have the print screen key that's the thing)?

Last night, I had Ghandi and Stalin on one continent. Stalin was the last in score, and Ghandi declared on him. :lol:

Top Bottom