1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaders revealed

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by lorrydriverjr, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

I think this is pretty inconsequential. Most fans didn't even notice the leak and it's not like he has revealed some closely guarded industrial secret or know how - the information was already widely speculated about and would have been released in the coming weeks anyway.

At worst, it may take a bit hype from a weekly Tuesday civ reveal - but people will still tune in to watch each civ's abilities. So it's just a face palm/doh moment for Firaxis, really.

If anything, it may take off some edge from people complaining about the leader/civ choice/Eurocentrism etc on a weekly basis, as most of the whining with die out in a week or so. :p

Edit: And suggesting that the lead developer could lose his job or face some sanction over something that minor is simply ludicrous.

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

The worst thing that happened for Ed/Firaxis with this leak is that they can no longer have fun reading our futile approaches to find C5 and B5.

3. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Haha, pretty much. And it really dumped on the hopes and dreams of the Tamaris-of-Georgia fanclub.

4. MarcosQuadros

MarcosQuadros Chieftain

I don't think that anyone here (seriously)thinks that Ed can lose his job because the leak, we just care about him :lol:

5. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Emperor

Well in a way Norway/Norse was revealed in that video anyway, when they showed tooltips for Viking Longship as a unit and Stave Church as a building. So even without Eds "Big Mistake" we would have known they were in. The only big reveal was Gorgo as a second Greece leader.

The build they used was problematic because it contained information of all the unique units, buildings and districts.

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Which, really, is not Ed's fault to be honest.

I don't think either of the two guys knew what the build was a complete build.

I think the sweetest thing is I geniunely think Ed just lost himself in his own little baby (the game) and really wanted to show off everything new and cool about it. Which really, you can't blame a guy.

7. Miravlix

Miravlix King

Lead up: Hi I'm Ed and this build is so new that I don't even know what's in it.

Live stream reveals multiple things due to "not knowing" what's in the build.

I'm nominating the two guys for the Bridge selling award.

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

:confused:

Tamar is still in, you'll see, you'll all see :twitch:

9. TheMarshmallowBear

The omens have forteold the inclusion of Georgia for 15 years.

Spoiler :

10. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

Was anyone else desperately praying for it not to be Georgia? I know that I'm going to get some flak for this from the "no-politics-in-civ" brigade, but god, Georgian irredentism is something else.

11. TheMarshmallowBear

I don't think anybody was really serious about Georgia, it was just a joke that went full-scale given how many times people repeated "B5 is Georgia" despite it being disproved several times (and each time).

12. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

We already have all leaders revealed. Relax, there's no Georgia... until probably more DLC!

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Well, the English have pretty bad teeth too, but this has never been a reason for their exclusion

14. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

I'm starting to think Ed showed intentionally the leader list because he couldn't stand hearing "Tamar of Georgia" any more time

:p

15. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Warlord

:D

Sounds right

16. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

17. eMeM

eMeM Chieftain

Have some FlaK.
    Spoiler :

Georgia, of all countries, bothers you, in game with Russia, China, Germany and many others...

18. King William I

King William I Prince

Eh, Tamar was so hardcore I'd support her in game. And since she was Georgian...

But only if she's leader. Just like I only want Shaka as the Zulu leader

19. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Hey! A very outdated stereotype that one. Our teeth are fine I'll have you know :D. Well, maybe you guys in Canada have amazing teeth, but the Americans certainly don't:

:lol:

20. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

I propose the "Badass Saint Queens Who Wore The Pants In Their Marriages" DLC (aka the Jadwiga/Isabella one) to be delayed until KING TAMAR is made.