Leaders revealed

I don't think its really fair to classify Monty as DLC. He's in the current list because he is essentially part of the base game and is free (not paid DLC), he just doesn't unlock for 90 days for some people.

If anything it's early access

I'm really hoping we'll get some info on what the 4 DLC packs that come with the Deluxe Edition will include before the game is released. Otherwise I think I'll be waiting until its on sale (probably once the first expansion comes out) - the starting lineup of civs and leaders just doesn't interest me enough to justify the price tag.

Congratulations to anyone who wanted all Europe, all the time I guess.

Gorgo is to make up for the lack of Isabella of Castile in the game, lol

I bet this Spartan queen isn't dressed so modestly and looks like Lena Headey

Gorgo is to make up for the lack of Isabella of Castile in the game, lol

Should've added Indira Gahndi! You get to keep the Ghandi joke going and get a (very) respectable female leader.

Shafted Persia. No Ottomans.

Sigh. Too many Europeans.

Not even an inclusion of a SE Asian civ?

Don't know, If they were going to go overboard sexy Cleopatra was the better candidate, however, I agree in that she is probably going to look like Lena Headey :lol:

I'm actually looking forward to the animation, I really like what the civ animation team is doing.

Wish I could've seen the livestream. They'll likely edit the oh bleep moment when uploading the youtube video.

No complaints about the opening day roster. I can't wait to see everyone's abilities.

This game, has all the leaders that have appeared in every base game. every, base game. from Civ I.

The TWO extra ones are simply Norway and Brazil.

And that's it.

And Spain. But I don't accept the argument that past games' lineups need to constrain future ones. I was hoping that Civ VI vanilla would be more geographically diverse than V (a goal the developers initially claimed to share), and I think it would have been perfectly reasonable to rotate out a couple of recurring European civs to achieve that.

Instead, we have 8 European civs (plus 2 European colonies), no Mongols, no Inca, and no one from Southeast Asia or precolumbian North America. Yes, these civs and regions will almost inevitably return in DLC or expansions, but there's no reason that they should be perceived as disposable while France, Germany and Russia should are all perceived as sacrosanct.

I believe there will have free dlc Civ like Mongol in Civ 5 I bet it's would be Non European, highly choice could be Ottoman, Persia, Korean, Zulu or SE Asian civ

I believe there will have free dlc Civ like Mongol in Civ 5 I bet it's would be Non European, highly choice could be Ottoman, Persia, Korean, Zulu or SE Asian civ

I think the Aztecs are probably filling this role in Civ VI. They're essentially a free DLC on release day (for preorders) or after 90 days (for everyone else). The first DLCs besides the Aztecs will presumably be the remaining civs/leaders from the revealed image.

It's not like it was a major mistake. Yeah, they may not have been ready to reveal those leaders, but it's not the end of the world or anything. The poster has generated much speculation as out was and their its still a lot of speculation as it is with this "reveal". Heck... It may have even been an "intended" mistake.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

but there's no reason that they should be perceived as disposable while France, Germany and Russia should are all perceived as sacrosanct.

Except you were just given a reason. You just don't agree with it. But when you have a franchise that has existed for 25 years that has always included certain 'characters' - the exclusion of those characters, while possible, is less likely because they're a part of the franchise.

It'd be like Releasing a Street Fighter game without Ryu. Entirely possible, but incredibly unlikely. Chun-li, Guile, Blanka, Ken... Lot's of core characters people expect to appear. Some of them have certainly missed games before but it's definitely surprising when they're omitted.

So on that note - I don't think I've ever played a game as the Germans in the history of the civilization franchise and have no personal investment in them, yet I would be shocked if they were ever excluded. They're just part of the game.

A civ like Mali, on the other hand, is not - and that's one of my favorite civs in the franchise so far.

Except you were just given a reason. You just don't agree with it. But when you have a franchise that has existed for 25 years that has always included certain 'characters' - the exclusion of those characters, while possible, is less likely because they're a part of the franchise.

It'd be like Releasing a Street Fighter game without Ryu. Entirely possible, but incredibly unlikely. Chun-li, Guile, Blanka, Ken... Lot's of core characters people expect to appear. Some of them have certainly missed games before but it's definitely surprising when they're omitted.

So on that note - I don't think I've ever played a game as the Germans in the history of the civilization franchise and have no personal investment in them, yet I would be shocked if they were ever excluded. They're just part of the game.

A civ like Mali, on the other hand, is not - and that's one of my favorite civs in the franchise so far.

You could say that about a number of things in the series. Germany could actually be better served splitting them up and having the HRE and Prussia. Hitler, who they'll never do and has his own "unique branding" anyways (on top of being Austrian), is the only possible leader that really fits into Germany as a nation, unless you consider Merkel historic.

I think the Aztecs are probably filling this role in Civ VI. They're essentially a free DLC on release day (for preorders) or after 90 days (for everyone else). The first DLCs besides the Aztecs will presumably be the remaining civs/leaders from the revealed image.

Aztec role for pre order is like Babylon in Civ 5 pre order. If I am correct

Don't know, If they were going to go overboard sexy Cleopatra was the better candidate, however, I agree in that she is probably going to look like Lena Headey :lol:

I'm actually looking forward to the animation, I really like what the civ animation team is doing.

I'm not impressed. It baffles me. With all the fuzz and effort making those "beautiful models" (and they DO love to boast about this)... which have limited amount of gestures / moving anyway and have always the same clothes, that is the model doesn't change... and they have CLIPPING! NAAASTY clipping. Unacceptable! :mad: #notbuyngtehgaim

Seriously though, firaxis, fix the damn clipping, it insults your work, the effort you put into it.

This is NOT the final build, don't be idiots and expect that to be the final games leaders and get all stupid over it when half is just placeholders or whatever and get dropped.

I'm not impressed. It baffles me. With all the fuzz and effort making those "beautiful models" (and they DO love to boast about this)... which have limited amount of gestures / moving anyway and have always the same clothes, that is the model doesn't change... and they have CLIPPING! NAAASTY clipping. Unacceptable! :mad: #notbuyngtehgaim

Seriously though, firaxis, fix the damn clipping, it insults your work, the effort you put into it.

Ummm... the game is still in production.

Top Bottom