1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaders speaking their own tongues: a good feature?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Rub'Rum, Sep 25, 2010.

1. RX2000

RX2000 Chieftain

Personally I would like to see them go with Franco. Doubt we will ever see that happen though. Firaxis always goes with the PC choices. :p

2. Danielion

Danielion Chieftain

3. Danielion

Danielion Chieftain

Got to love Stalin in Civ IV, though, or Mao Zedong.

4. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Charles I or Phillip II I would presume? I like Isabella. She was undeniably a powerful female ruler that had full claim to her throne and accomplished a lot. She also held power over her Kingdom even after her marriage. Ferdinand was never accepted as King, the people still revered and followed their Queen. She also strongly embodies the religious and colonial policies that her successors followed. There's always a push for at least some gender inclusion. The removal of Cleopatra and Hatsheput meant Wu in this game. For the expansion, it isn't unreasonable to add Isabella, who is a competent choice (I'd argue Boudica as well, although she isn't quite as great a choice).

EDIT: While Franco is an interesting choice, my complaints are about controversies. He didn't rule at the height of Spanish power (or anything close to it, really). I also don't think he dramatically advanced the country in other ways either and doesn't hold sway in popular imagery in Spain as an embodying leader of greatness. I think those criteria with a caveat that gender inclusion is a concern pretty much explains every leader they have and does quite a lot to explain the ones they do not.