Leaders/Unique Units

jlindy

Death From Below
Something I'd like to see is each individual leader having their own unique unit instead of the civ having a UU.
Washington... Minuteman
Lincoln... Cavalry
Elizabeth... Race built galleon
Churchill... Intelligence agent
Catherine... Cossack
Stalin...Tank
And on ad infinitum... The civ could have the unique buildings. There should also be some kind of special reward if you are lucky enough to build the seven ancient wonders.

This would definitely be cool. Or there could be several unique units per civ, of which you get to choose one in the beginning of the game (much like you can choose from more than one leader with many civs). It would in fact be exactly the same as choosing between different leaders with different strengths. England, for example, could choose between a redcoat, a Man-o-war, and an upgraded longbowmanwhatstheirname. The Vikings could choose between a berserker and a dragonship, the Byzantines between a cataphract and Greek fire ship, and so on and so forth. It would lessen the map dependency for many civs, who can perhaps choose a ship on water-heavy maps, but would be at a disadvantage on other maps if that was their only available UU.

Yeomanry? No I checked that and apparently they were cavalry, I don't know, kings Guard?

Now I am sure I remember someone having Lancaster bombers as their unique unit at some point but I never found it again, maybe I dreamt it.

It is annoying when you end up land locked with a civ where your unique unit or building is water based.

Is there anyone except me who wants to see the whole concept of unique units scrapped ?

I'm for building/conquering the seven ancient wonders as an early victory condition, myself, for people who are interested in a quick builder-oriented game option, as pert of a range of victory conditions that work more or less the same way the spaceship victory does, era by era.

Top Bottom