Leaderscreen Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Viregel, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Lord Xavius

Lord Xavius Mostly Lurking

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 14 (Another point for Harald. He just feels so alive, unlike many other leaders.)
    Pachacuti - 6
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 5 (It's the fact that he's just standing there in the street combined with his somewhat dull attire that makes this screen feel not as good to me. The music isn't too impressive either, but I'm trying to avoid voting on music in this thread.)
    Shaka - 8

2. Veras

Veras Prince

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 3
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 5
    Shaka - 8

I really like the unique features of the viking leaderscreen. Put a helmet when DoWed or declaring war, walking off when defeated. Harald seems so excited when he feels there's a war coming. A true warrior! And very welcoming too.

On the other hand, I don't know how the Incas made this far. I really like them and Pachacuti, but, you know, someone need to go.

3. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 7
    Pacal - 15
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 8

Pachacuti: You all oughta know by now I'm a huge supporter of his. (+3 Talcove subtracted too much, unless someone can explain the jump from 12 to 6, then +1 for my vote)
    Enrico: I refuse to see Pachacuti fall whist Enrico and his random canal remain!

4. NeoNio

NeoNio Chieftain

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 8 i'll upvote this once because he's the only one that gets up sometime, it's appropriate for a king to be sitting in his throne, just not allways.
    Pacal - 12 Dat subliminal message, can not unsee
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 8

PD: nooo you killed gajah while i was too busy playing :(

5. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 15
    Pachacuti - 9 I for one love his crown and his throne on the mountain top!
    Pacal - 9 Thanks Magma_Dragoon....
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 8

6. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Ashurbanipal - 5
    Harald Bluetooth - 15-3=12 Dude is on a boat, that's why people like him, I can't help but feel like he's Ragnar Lodbrok 2.0, did the real Harald Bluetooth go raiding?, what's up with the winged helmet? :rolleyes:, why does he mention pagan gods like Thor and Loki when he was the first Danish king to convert to Christianity?
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 9+1=10 don't understand the reasons above for downvoting this, what subliminal message? and why thank Magma Dragoon? I love the outfit, the voice, and the background.
    Askia - 19
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 8

7. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Warlord

Moderator Action: Inappropriate attachment removed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

try unseeing that...

8. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Ashurbanipal - 5 +1=6 The background, clothes and style were okay, I listened and stayed for a bit.
    Harald Bluetooth - 12
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 19 -3 =16 The background has a burning castle, and I didn't take my time to see it. I sometimes skipped and left quick.
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 8

9. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

Ashurbanipal - 6
    Harald Bluetooth - 9
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 16
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 9

I like Harald a lot (and wish Denmark didn't suck so bad), but no background on this one is what makes it the weakest of the remaining civs. Also, his animation isn't as crazy as Monty, but it's close.

I hated playing against the Zulu in Civ IV, and wasn't happy when they were announced as I had been hoping for some variation in a southern African civ. But my dislike has nothing to do wit the leaderscreen: great vocals, love the background.

10. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

Moderator Action: Inappropriate quote removed along with the response. Please do not feed the trolls. Report the post and let us handle the poor behavior.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Point is, that's no reason to downvote a screen. Especially if it is accurate.

11. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Ashurbanipal - 6 - 3= 3: Im sorry Ash, just dont like you
    Harald Bluetooth - 9 + 1= 10: Viking. Nuff Said
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 16
    Enrico Dandolo - 2
    Shaka - 9

12. Moraiwe

Moraiwe Warlord

Ashurbanipal - 3 +1=4: Still enjoy his voice, quite a fan of the background too.
    Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 16
    Enrico Dandolo - 2 -3= dead. Next time, learn to pronounce "Doge".
    Shaka - 9

13. jlim201

jlim201 King

Ashurbanipal - 1- Least amount of movement left, the most interesting part.
    Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 17- A burning city. Awesome.
    Shaka - 9

14. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

Ashurbanipal - 0 Too static for the top 5. If he had a lion on his other arm, like in the statue used for the leaderscreen concept art, it would have been more epic.... but someone would probably have protested.
    Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 9
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 17- A burning city. Awesome.
    Shaka - 10 Shaka's leaderscreen has the most cohesive presentation of the remaining screens, in my opinion. The focus isn't just on the leader animation, or the background, or the music. Everything is well-balanced.

15. rawrtrav

rawrtrav Chieftain

Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 9 - 3 = 6
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 17 + 1 = 18
    Shaka - 10

I do like Pachacuti's screen, I really enjoy Machu Pichu in the background. However, Pachacuti himself is the least interesting looking out of all the remaining leaders so for that reason, Pachacuti is going down. Think of it as though he's the worst of the best.

Askia's screen is just amazing. He's standing in front of a city that has fire in it. I don't know if it's being razed or if it's one of his own cities with ceremonial fires, but honestly I don't care, I just love this screen.

16. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 3: Correcting the votes, sukritact missed Veras's post, and everyone carried on without the vote of Veras.
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 18
    Shaka - 10

17. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 4
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 15
    Shaka - 10

Askia is good, but not THAT good, I think way to much people is getting carried away by the "shiny" factor of flames. To be honest Askia is the one leaderscreen that makes me wish bg changed when at peace or war, that way it would make sense to have the burning temple behind him, but as it stands now? it can get old.

Im still voting Pacha, well done bg, ambience, animation, and Pacha's clothing despite weather you like them or not, show research on the part of Firaxis, this one should be top 3, not just be kicked out by shiny flames.

18. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 5 Love the background and love Pacachuti as a leader - his confidence and authority
    Pacal - 10
    Askia - 15
    Shaka - 7 I really like this and honestly don't have a reason. It's just, I like the others ones better. Down to the best of the best

19. Lorf Yimzo

Lorf Yimzo Atheist

Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 2- I'm not saying Pachacuti's leader screen is bad, it's just not quite as good as the others.
    Pacal - 11-As a TF2 player, how can I not choose this. The background and the rest of the outfit are icing to the cake.
    Askia - 15
    Shaka - 7

20. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Harald Bluetooth - 10
    Pachacuti - 0 - ELIMINATED
    Pacal - 11
    Askia - 15
    Shaka - 8

SHAKA
    Shaka's leaderscreen presents him as a proud and confident leader. It presents him as someone who is sure of himself. It also presents him as willing to fight, holding both a spear and shield, as well as showing off his knowledge of them (Those spear waves...). Some people say that he doesn't look 'scary'. What, do you want him to look more like Monty? Do you want him to be dancing around a pile of corpses, chanting, and sticking his spear into the pile, all while wearing a boogyman mask? I, for one, don't.

Also, his shadow is just great. Especially when he declares war, it's very pleasing to see that shadow go to work.

AYIVIIIIIIIIIFE!
    ... Maria's DoW laugh is still the best. ;)

PACHACUTI
    That dress of his... I don't know whether to stare at it, or stick some wood on it and say, "Check-mate". In a screen as good as this one, that eye-sore severely ruins the moment. It may be historically accurate, it may not be - I don't know. All I know is that it doesn't look good in the leaderscreen.

Bye-bye Pachy.