League of Legends

Cull

Big Daddy
If you're looking for a multiplayer game while waiting for more money, or for a game to be released, look at League of Legends. It's a free player vs. player game that pits teams of five against one another, similar yet oh so better than DoTa from Warcraft 3. You can pay some extra bucks for some SHINY features, but not paying any money does not detract from the game at all.

The only problem is that is sucks when playing with random people via their matchmaking, either with complete new players(me!) who are horrible who can and will bring down your team, or ZOMG PRO dudes who make playing the game odd and boring. So I'm bringing this to CFC's attention, in the hopes that CFC can play some matches and have some fun on LoL.

Did I mention this was free to play?

This is not a spambot. I think some of you might actually like it, and a MP game like this would be fun to play with CFC friends I would think.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

could you describe it some more? I still have a lack of what it is beyond a team-based competitive game. Is it a card game? A turn-based strategy? I don't know what it is! LoL

I always thought league of legends cost money. Since its free I'll give it a whirl.

I always enjoyed DOTA.

I always thought league of legends cost money. Since its free I'll give it a whirl.

It's free, but you can spend money to unlock stuff faster or buy alternate skins. Skins are the only thing that can't be unlocked by playing, and they are purely cosmetic.

I played League of Legends for half a year and found to be fun if I played with my friends but when I played with random people it quickly degenerated into find and bash the team newbie(not the other teams newbie mind you, the first to get killed usually ended up being trashtalked to for the rest of the match instead of helping him) the highly competetive environment in this game is the reason I stopped playing, since it wasnt fun at all. When you tried new classes or gear combinations and the other players told you you had to have a specific set of items or everything was lost I stopped being interested in it.

I think it is sad because the classes were all very different and a lot of different team setups could be created. Which lead to some very fun times with the occasional all tank team or spellcasters from hell all the way.

but in the the end MUNDO GOES WHERE HE PLEASES!!!!!

I played League of Legends for half a year and found to be fun if I played with my friends but when I played with random people it quickly degenerated into find and bash the team newbie(not the other teams newbie mind you, the first to get killed usually ended up being trashtalked to for the rest of the match instead of helping him) the highly competetive environment in this game is the reason I stopped playing, since it wasnt fun at all. When you tried new classes or gear combinations and the other players told you you had to have a specific set of items or everything was lost I stopped being interested in it.

I think it is sad because the classes were all very different and a lot of different team setups could be created. Which lead to some very fun times with the occasional all tank team or spellcasters from hell all the way.

but in the the end MUNDO GOES WHERE HE PLEASES!!!!!

I tend to agree with this. Like most online games, LoL is incredibly fun with friends, and incredibly terrible with random people.

I tried to get into LoL for about a month

It just wasn't that fun.

Well, if you want to see an example of League of Legends gameplay, I cast one of my games on YouTube recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hce2jbTx0r4

I concur with Racsoviale that this is a game which needs to be played with friends. A solo game with random teammates is rarely a fun experience (like the vast majority of online games, sadly).

BUMPING this thread. I just got League of Legends and it's pretty fun.

I'm having a lot of fun, too, even while playing exclusively with random people. Some are pricks, but usually things work out reasonably well. It would be fun to have better ways of coordination than pinging the map and team chat, but it would have to be available to both teams, i think.

If your team is on teamspeak and the other was randomly assembled by the matchmaker, your superior coordination would give you an unfair advantage.

They should really include an ingame voicechat feature (I think HoN actually has this?), it would solve quite a few issues with solo queuing. It might also introduce the problem of pricks screaming at everyone who doesn't do their bidding, but that's easily solved by adding a mute button.

TF2 has it and it works really well there. Given that LoL requires at least as much coordination as TF2, it really should have that functionality as well. It might also improve the community by allowing friendly banter without having to stop playing.

It is a shams that thengame doesn't have a built in voice. In arranged teams, using vent or ts is pratically required so it doesn't become solo que but with people who know.

I'm kinda a noob (ok yeah I really am) but this game is pretty fun. in game name is GoredByaManBearPig. Be nice to play with some cfc people.

Let's play a round or something this weekend!

Top Bottom