League of Legends

Dell19

Take a break
Just wondering if anyone else here plays it?

I've been playing it over the last couple of days and have sort of started to learn when to charge in and when to hold back even though the enemy hero is nearly dead. Would like to hear other people's tips and would be cool if we could set up a CFC team (would need at least 3 people).

For those who haven't played it you either play 3v3 or 5v5 with each player controlling a Hero unit that has to attack through 2 or three lanes that have allied turrets at your end and enemy turrets at the other. Each side also regularly spawn weak AI units that generally you need to attack alongside.

The main appeal of the game though is that its free so it has plenty of players.

List of CFC players:

Dell19 - Positive Tension - EUW
tycoonist - CunningTF - EUW
Sullla - lcsullla - NA
Ashurdan - Ashurdan - ?
Wolfbeckett - Wolfbeckett - NA
Tyo - lTyol - ?
Rub'Rum - Rubrumm - NA
Integral - integralds - NA

(So far I've only included people who have posted their username)

It also, from what I've heard, has the least hateful of the DotA communities. Most of which sound as bad if not worse than /b/.

Saying its main appeal is being free with a large playerbase doesn't do anything ot make the game sound interesting or good either :p Although that is a plus.

I like saving money :p

So far I haven't really run into any idiots. The only slight issue is that occasionally people will drop out which then makes it harder to win although it depends on how the teams were balanced originally.

I used to play it, but stopped for two main reasons:

1) The community is, by far and away, the worst I have ever played with;

2) Riot is a poorly ran and executed company.

People who complain about Lol community have never played call of duty or counterstrike I guess... Well, anyway I love the game. Add me if you want (I assume you're on EU West?): CunningTF :)

It also, from what I've heard, has the least hateful of the DotA communities. Most of which sound as bad if not worse than /b/.

That would be quite impressive given that I've heard LoL(at least at the higher end of the game) is pretty bad too.

I tried it for a little while, consider having a game every now and then but never really get back around to it.

People who complain about Lol community have never played call of duty or counterstrike I guess... Well, anyway I love the game. Add me if you want (I assume you're on EU West?): CunningTF :)

Haven't experienced the LoL community, but assuming it's as bad as the HoN community, it's definitely worse than the Australian CS:S community.

I play it a bunch; mostly on the NA server though. It takes a lot of practise, just to not be completely horrible at it.

I play generally 1 or 2 games a night, more on weekends sometimes. North American server. I like it a lot, it's my first real experience in the DotA genre so I'm not great at it but I'm learning and getting better with various characters.

I have over 1000 games in LoL, but I play it ocassionaly
Hope the new game mode will be good

Added :) I see you've played it a lot more than me.

Haven't experienced the LoL community, but assuming it's as bad as the HoN community, it's definitely worse than the Australian CS:S community.

Yeah from what I've read the HoN community is one of the worst on the entire internet. Which is quite the accomplishment.

Added :) I see you've played it a lot more than me.

It gets easier. The first few games feel nightmareish, but when you get the hang of a couple of champions and get a feel for how the game works on a strategic level, it becomes really fun. The game has a lot of depth to it, but is also easy enough to learn at the start. The hardest bit is not getting killed constantly by enemies who's abilities you don't know.

EDIT: I see you're playing malphite! Good choice, he's very simple to pick up and a lot of fun. He was the champion I started on. :)

Eh, playing solo is fine, just don't have too high of expectations. You'll almost never get a group of 5 randoms (well, 4 randoms and yourself) who are actually capable of working together, there's almost always at least one lone wolf type who thinks it's pretty awesome to **** around in the jungle while teamfights are going on.

You get the people who do small jungle camps while you have baron buff, and you get the people who insist on starting fights when you are already behind and should focus on farming.
And sometimes you are on of them. :p
Nobody has perfect judgement in this game. Realizing that helps a lot to cut down on the frustration you often feel.

Played this for a bit earlier in the year, but havent done anything with it recently. It suffers from the usual PUG issues; if your in a 3v3 occasionally you'll have one of the three just sit there and do nothing, or lag out turning the match into a 2v3, which unless your're incredibly good, you aint going to win.

Lots of character types to pick from and I like the idea that you can play for free with rotating champions. But the biggest challenge I found was to find champs that arent overly difficult to play and fit your playstyle. For example, I loved playing Teemo - doing nice ranged damage, nice escape tools, and laying traps all throughout the jungle to let you know where the enemy was at was very fun to play and pretty easy to play well. Some of the more techical caster class types just arent so easy to pull off without a lot of practice.

And just talking about this kind of makes me want to check it out again. Heh.

Top Bottom