1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

League of Legends

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Dell19, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

I've played DOTA (and will play DOTA 2) and many of the characters LoL has are unfortunately simpler than their DOTA counterparts. I say that because I feel like LoL characters can only fit general categories (ranged DPS, melee, etc.) while DOTA ones were much more unique.

2. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Whats the release date of DOTA2? I read where they just had some big tourney with it, so it has to be close to a final product.

3. B4tman

B4tman Warlord

Full release in 2012, beta in 2011

4. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

I think that's true. But on the other hand, it makes it a simpler game to learn, and I think over time the complexity of the game will develop a lot more, simply by experimentation of players. The most recent top level competitive games have proved this, with a change in the meta of the game. It's a new game, and our understanding of it is still evolving.

5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

I agree. It comes down to personal preference.

6. B4tman

B4tman Warlord

Tried Heroes of Newerth, it seems so complex in comparation to LoL

7. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

From what I've heard, HoN is just a more complex and less fun game, with a worse community. Then again, this is largely from LoL players, so I guess there is some bias.

8. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Yep found him one of the easier champions to learn how to play although I still don't have the right timing on using the R weapon. Been playing Caitlyn as well since she is free at the moment as it suits me to be on my own in the middle lane and I've started to get the hang of using her in the later stages a bit better (the first few times were terrible).

I am on a 5 game losing streak at the moment though partly due to bad team mates. In the last game one player died 17 times but at least I'm still picking up xp and ip.

9. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

Early game, you want to use Malphite's ulti for nuking an opponent. At level 6, a well placed R followed by E and Q plus a couple of autoattacks can kill most squishies, with a bit of help. Late game, your R should be used to initiate team fights: it is one of the very best initiates in the game, as it is a knock up (the best CC) and area of affect. Charge at them when they are all grouped together, then hit that E button for the attack slow. And remember to cast W before engaging for the additional armour (which even buffs your E!).

10. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

So I've been using Karma this week since she's free. REALLY like her, as soon as I have 3150 IP saved up I'm gonna buy her for sure.

11. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

I have started playing this game again on and off and have had a lot of fun with Alistar. But damit this european serversplit sucks. Playing with people who type in cyrilic and dont understand english really really sucks:mad: Sometime it is as if you are 2 different teams against a team of 5 people.

12. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Same with the North American server and Brazilians, unfortunately.

13. Wolfbeckett

Hmm Dreadnought on the North American servers I really haven't had much of a problem with that, except in a general internet bad writing "OMG L2P NUB LOL Y SO SRS?!" kind of way.

14. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

This is pretty much representative of my recent games:

Btw on the European servers I haven't really come across many trolls except for some alledged Americans who were using the EUW server yesterday.

15. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

Since Civ5 turned out to be such a dud of a game (at least in my opinion), I switched my focus over to League of Legends and have spent most of the past year playing it. I maintain a YouTube channel that's mostly devoted to LoL, which has a lot of useful information on it. If anyone would like to join my gaming group for some custom practice games, we run them starting at 6pm EST on Tuesday nights (North American server).

16. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

Wow great channel Sulla! Such a shame you're NA, or I'd love to play some ranked with you...

17. B4tman

B4tman Warlord

18. Ashurdan

Ashurdan Warlord

I play, same name as here, add me as a friend.

19. Wolfbeckett

Ah yeah incidentally, my LoL username is the same as my name here, anyone on NA who wants to add me should feel free :).

20. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I guess its useful if people post which server they play on as well. I'm on EUW.

Also what characters would people recommend picking up with IP? Or is it best to wait for them to come on free to play to try them out first.