1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

League of Legends

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Dell19, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

He IS powerful. I guess they had to counterbalance with the most annoying voice-over in the game.

2. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Thanks I think I'll do something similar although its taken all my IP just to try and fill out the first sheet.

I like Morgana as Q and W are a nice combination although so far I'm not getting into enough situations to use the Ulti for maximum benefit.

3. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

It's usually better to cast W first with Morgana because it lowers the magic resistance, then you can lock them in the puddle with the Q. Or do your ultimate after the W. It's harder to time though, as it's much easier to do the W under a stunned opponent than it is to lead an opponent into a W and stun them there...

4. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Yep its probably easier to do it that way round if they are chasing you rather than on the attack particularly when there are minions to run in the way.

I've had a few good games lately as Nunu with the health restoration being nice and useful early on.

5. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

Brand and annie are far better nukers, just because veigar's nuke is on a ridiculous cooldown and is very short range.

6. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

I don't have much of a problem with that. Especially sense his qw does a lot of damage too, and Deathfire is like a second ult.

7. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

I think I just played my worst match ever in this game yesterday, 20 deaths as Mundo and bumbling about doing nothing to help the team:sad: My teammates were quite pissed at me because of this and having had some sleep I see their point and im not that pissed at them anymore.

The problem I realized was(besides me dying to things I shouldnt die to) that he is really bad at being a tank. He has lots of HP which is nice and the cleaver can be usefull, but if the opposing team just avoids him he has no presence in teamfights. He cant stun or do anything to the other team except throwing the cleaver at them.
    this happened at the start of the match where my lane partner(soraka) got jumped by the other team and got killed. Ofcoarse he was pissed at me for not helping him, but I cant see how I could have done anything - I couldnt dish the damage or stop them from killing him since they could just ignore me.

So for new players who like to play a tank be wary of buying Mundo, not having to worry about mana is nice but not being able to be an effective tank makes it hard to do anything useful.

I think ill just go back to Alistar since he can actually contribute to the team.

Other than that I also bought Cho Gath and oh boy is he squishy compared to the other two guys. Being a caster/tank is a weird hybrid and sure takes some getting used to, but I can imagine that the rupture ability could be extremely usefull with some practice and AP items.

and a little rant regarding some other games from last night: please please please Riot games put us northern europeans in the western european servers. Being on a team consisting of Poles and Russians who insist on typing in their native languages and dont understand english makes it exceedingly harder to get anything done.

8. Tykinruoka

Tykinruoka Unlimited power

Mundo is a cool champ, I liked him a lot, but you're right that he isn't a tank. He lacks CC skills that are essential to fill the tank role. He's more of a harasser that ends up in the middle of enemy teams squishier champs in teamfights and is very hard to kill.

I started to play LoL again, but so far I've just played AI matches since I'm really rusty(My nick is "Teräsnörtti", I play on EU nordic&east).

9. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Sounds like he might be a bit how I play Nunu as you really have to wait till some of the enemy are running past you to chase down an ally to use Nunu's ultimate at least in terms of how I play. Nunu does have consume so having a short range isn't such an issue (the last game our lane was against two casters)

10. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

Tanks are tanks cause they give the enemy a reason to focus them, or give them no choice but to focus them. For example, Shen, Galio and Rammus all have taunts to cause the enemy to focus them. Of course, this is a really simple example, but other tanks have their own methods of distracting the opposition. Amumu and Alistar are examples of CC based tanks that disrupt the enemy enough that they simply can't reach the AD carry. Mundo is a bit different to that. He does have some CC, but his real strength is his massive health. Use it to your advantage: build an Atma's, get a warmogs, build a bit of attack speed, go kill stuff. If they focus you, your carries win. If they don't focus you, you can run straight through and kill their carry very quickly.

11. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

Yeah I have been playing him a bit in som co-op versus AIs since my post and crit chance and attackspeed actually helps his presence a lot. Which actually makes him quite deadly when activating masochism. And suddenly the enemy team has a good reason to not just ignore him.

12. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Out of interest have many of you been playing Dominion at all? Aside from one game I haven't really played it as learning two modes at the same time seemed a bit much particularly as the build orders will differ.

Also on ranked games do you generally play with the same people or just randoms like the normal games?

13. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

Ranked come in two forms: Solo queue, and 5v5 premade. Each have separate rankings. Solo queue is like draft pick normals, except of course it is done on ELO system. You can queue with one other person for solo queue, and actually playing with someone you know you can count on to be good is a huge benefit.

As for dominion, atm I am using it to get mechanics down on champions that I haven't played a lot. Also, if I want to play but only have half an hour, I'll play dominion. I think it's pretty good, but nowhere near as good as Summoner's Rift.

14. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Dominion is good in that it doesn't last forever and the action seems more chaotic and less predictable than the whole concept of laning. It's also good because it's shorter in time and allows for trying champions more quickly.

However, it's bad in that the result seems kind of random and there is close to no snowball effect; even if your team isn't doing well for a lot of the game, you can still somehow pull a win. That can be good for some but...

15. Till

Till Adventurer

There are currently special Halloween Tier2 runes available, which are almost as good as Tier3 runes (like >90%), but cost only half the IP. I highly recommend grabbing them if you don't already have the Tier3 ones.

16. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Thanks for the tip! I've brought a few although I guess they will eventually need replacing.

17. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

As a quick bump is Vladimir any good? Some of the guides say that he was nerfed so I'm wondering if there are now more better characters.

18. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

I fought a decent Vlad the other day. Albeit he was as fail as any fail trolls get, he hit really hard.

But yeah, from what I've seen on youtube, he used to be way better.

19. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Okay might leave him for the time being then. Must be quite annoying if you buy a character when they are first released and then they get their stats reduced.

20. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

Yeah people pretty widely agree that Vlad is UP at the moment. He can do quite well solo top, but he's just too iffy to be honest.