Learn to Play Civ IV anywhere?

City Builder

Complicated Complication
Hello,

While I've had Civ IV for a long time now (also the 2 expansions), and I've read through the original C4 manual and watched many videos on youtube theres still lots of things that I don't know about Civ IV as evidenced by watching people play on Youtube.

Some games have their fans that have put out strategy guides, or 'how to play' guides and I'm wondering if there was something like this put out for Civ IV? Perhaps something that goes from the most basic of things in the game, like the interface and shortcuts to it, up to advanced strategies etc.

Thanks,

Check out the War Academy here, it's in the sidebar on the main page.

Hello,

While I've had Civ IV for a long time now (also the 2 expansions), and I've read through the original C4 manual and watched many videos on youtube theres still lots of things that I don't know about Civ IV as evidenced by watching people play on Youtube.

Some games have their fans that have put out strategy guides, or 'how to play' guides and I'm wondering if there was something like this put out for Civ IV? Perhaps something that goes from the most basic of things in the game, like the interface and shortcuts to it, up to advanced strategies etc.

Thanks,

Look in the Strategy & Tips Section. At the top is a link to the strategy guides. I would recommend Sisiutil's Guide (the gold standard, about 50 pages) and JujuLautre's Guide to winning Noble, which is a condensed general guide.

Strategy & tips and the succession games hold the most elite level of single player games available. Beyond that, you'll have to do some of your own experimentation to figure out what you're willing to put into the game to improve while still enjoying it.

Strategy & tips and the succession games hold the most elite level of single player games available. Beyond that, you'll have to do some of your own experimentation to figure out what you're willing to put into the game to improve while still enjoying it.

Just wanted to say, TheMeInTeam, it's your videos on Youtube that got me back into Civ IV, between your 'Let's play' videos and tks2103 'first 100 turns' video, I already learned much more than I would have just experimenting on my own, so thanks very much. :goodjob:

To others in this thread, thank you for the suggestions, some (like war academy) I did not even know existed, great resource for some of the stuff that I had no idea about when I read the threads what people were talking about using the Civ dialects.

Top Bottom