Least Favourite Civ?

India for me. Their UA is totally against my play style, and playing as them is just pain.

Polynesia - I just hate that guy. He looks like a clown. I cannot have the feeling to run a great empire when there is that Hawaiian music in the background. Everytime I am Kame, I restart. Actually, everytime I forgot to deactivate Polynesia in the menu makes me restart. He grabs all the wonders (including great wall) and trying to take his cities usually inflicts massive casualties on me - still he is never even close to winning. The main reason I restart when he s in the game remains that he looks like a clown and I cannot take him serious.

My least favourite Civ to play with is probably India. I haven't played with every Civ yet, but he was definitely my least favorite. Sadly, I can't really tell why I didn't like it. It could possibly be that I played a extremely tall game, but going a bit wider could be better. However, that would actually be counter-intuitive with its UA...

I have a special place in my heart for France. I absolutely despise playing against them. If I know he's close to me, I immediately focus on military to go and wipe him off the world. If he's at the other side of the world, I will bribe his neighbors, as long as he goes down as soon as possible.

My least favourite Civ to play with is probably India. I haven't played with every Civ yet, but he was definitely my least favorite. Sadly, I can't really tell why I didn't like it. It could possibly be that I played a extremely tall game, but going a bit wider could be better. However, that would actually be counter-intuitive with its UA...

I have a special place in my heart for France. I absolutely despise playing against them. If I know he's close to me, I immediately focus on military to go and wipe him off the world. If he's at the other side of the world, I will bribe his neighbors, as long as he goes down as soon as possible.

Haha, I love to play as France, but yea, his diplomacy for DoF might as well say, "Do you want me to pretend to be your friend until I can find a way to wipe you out?" :lol:

Denmark - Don't like the UUs much, and the UA is very situational. On sea maps I prefer to use ships than land units anyway. With the increased power of ranged units in G&K the melee bonuses are less relevant, even with the pillage change.

India - Don't like the happiness penalty, it hurts most builds early. I think most people have said enough about India. It's just a broken concept.

Japan - Their fighting bonus is counter productive, as you are always better off pulling back injured units than suiciding them, even with the bonus. Then you have the useless zero and no UB.

Mongolia - They are one of the strongest Civs, I just don't personally like the one dimensional style, every game is just about rushing to chivalry and unlocking the ridiculously overpowered UU.

Iroquois - Again, these guys are strong but I just dislike the UA, it really adds an annoying level of micromanagement to the game.

India's UA does seem as the most stupid in the entire game just on its face. Maybe there's crazy/niche tailored games that funnels it into whacky awesome OP-style advantage but outside of that it's pretty much derp.

im not surprised to see india being mentioned alot, but Iroquois, Germany and Siam? i would consider them top tier

personally i hate France and Alex, hate. but only because when i first started playing they both would mess with me, and vanilla Alex would be a mean runaway

Top Bottom