Left or Right of me.

rah

Deity
Supporter
Waiting for the NCAA brackets so a bit bored so let's try something.

Left
to
Right

The object is to place yourself on the below list where left is on the top and right is on the bottom. (don't read too much into that) I'll start with an easy selection

Lexicus
onejayhawk

So I'm obviously right of Lex and left of onejay so I'll cut an paste the list and add myself to the middle.

Lexicus
rah
onejayhawk

Feel free to add any editorial comment (but could we refrain from insulting since we get plenty of the elsewhere)

The rules are simple. Only the person posting can add/change their own name on the list. You can move it as often as you feel necessary. I apologize to Lex and One for putting them on but I needed to start with some obvious ones and you guys are pretty obvious. But feel free to move yourselves once others have added.

Enjoy. Let's see if people view themselves like they are perceived.

This is gonna get difficult when more people are added so better get my name in early. Here's my guess, added some labels too for ease:

LEFT
Lexicus
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
RIGHT

With equal ranking forbidden, I go left from AmazonQueen, but for my feel no big difference.

LEFT
Lexicus
Hrothbern
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
RIGHT

EDIT:
where you want to end up, and what style of approach you take, is not the same thing. This ranking forces to add that up somehow.

Just butting in to say the Left/Right dichotomy is obsolete and stupid.

Corporal punishment for spitting gum on the street !
Nationalize the banks !
Fines for people who kiss in public !
90% estate tax !
Re-education through labor for landlords.
Re-education through labor for people who talk too loudly on public transportation.

Just butting in to say the Left/Right dichotomy is obsolete and stupid.

Corporal punishment for spitting gum on the street !
Nationalize the banks !
Fines for people who kiss in public !
90% estate tax !
Re-education through labor for landlords.
Re-education through labor for people who talk too loudly on public transportation.

Not to forget:
make laws on the smell of tabacco smoke identical to laws on the smell of perfume and soap

LEFT
Lexicus
Hrothbern
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
RIGHT
Estebonrober

I dream of a utopia where people mind their own, respect each other, take care of themselves and others as a matter of course all without laws dictating terms on each individual. Short of that I guess I'm a big gov lib at this point in my life.

LEFT
Lexicus
Hrothbern
Estebonrober
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
RIGHT

Oh no, I'm a centrist.

Welcome to the club. Feel free to come along to our next meeting. I'm not sure where it's going to be held, we elected a guy to book the venue for us and we haven't heard from him in a while. But I'm sure he's still working on it. If not we can just elect another guy.

I'm not particularly familiar with Hrothbern's or AmazonQueen's politics (I've only really followed their posts in the Brexit thread, a topic which has a habit of cutting across political lines), so this is a rough guess:

LEFT
Lexicus
Ajidica
Hrothbern
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
RIGHT
Estebonrober

Oh no, I'm right-wing now!!!

LEFT
Lexicus
Ajidica
Hrothbern
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
The Silent Majority 1
The Silent Majority 2
The Silent Majority 3
The Silent Majority ...
The Silent Majority n
RIGHT
Estebonrober

Fixed.

Can't we all just waddle on over to The Political Compass or [expunged] or Filteries and just put our results here to compare? I love these threads, BTW. :thumbsup:

I'm around -7, -7, Libertarian Left/SocDem turf. I can appreciate the state, but damn if it isn't a monster, a gang of goons in nice suits with batons, that needs to be wrangled down for the benefit of the people under its yoke and not vice versa.

Last edited:
This is not about scores but perception.
And since the silent majority didn't post

LEFT
Lexicus
Ajidica
Hrothbern
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk

RIGHT
Estebonrober

I thought the deal was to have the names in a spectrum, but now it's like two lists?

I think Catharsis just wanted to put left and right at the ends, then estebonrober like either didn't fully understand or wanted to put himself on the extreme right

because I'm not accepting hawkboy as a leftist

I thought the deal was to have the names in a spectrum, but now it's like two lists?

I think Catharsis just wanted to put left and right at the ends, then estebonrober like either didn't fully understand or wanted to put himself on the extreme right

because I'm not accepting hawkboy as a leftist

Yea I was being silly dreaming about a world where people behaved without laws.

I'm a wishy-washy lefty: generally socially liberal, believing that (at least while we still suffer under our current capitalist system) essential public utilities should not be in the hands of effectively monopolistic robber-barons, and also that universal healthcare and the welfare state are desirable (government) services -- who generally votes accordingly, but otherwise doesn't do any proactive politicking.

So I'd rate myself closer to the centre than Lex and Hrothbern, and possibly also AQ -- and because equal-rankings aren't possible, I'm going to put myself in below Syn, just to make him feel better! (Not sure where catharsis falls, so I've put myself left of him/her/it, just to be on the safe side) ;)

I also put Estebonrober back in the list, according to his second (serious?) placement above

LEFT

Lexicus
Ajidica
Hrothbern
Estebonrober
AmazonQueen
Synsensa
tjs282
Catharsis
rah
onejayhawk
RIGHT