Legend of Zelda Civ V

AJ22PIZZA

Chieftain
Hello. I enjoy the Legend of Zelda series, and would like to start a collection of Zelda civilizations and maps. I have an Ocarina of Time map already, but it needs the races. I've never even tried coding a civilization, so I need some help on that part. I do have some ideas for the uniques:
Hyrule
UA: The Goddesses Chosen Land. May choose a pantheon after researching pottery
UB: The Temple of Time. Replaces the Grand temple. It adds +5 culture and produces a 6th of your faith production for faith.
UU: Hyrule Guard. Replaces the Pikeman. Cheaper to make and has the fleeing promotion.

Pretty cool.
Do you need help on coding them or just brainstorming?

If it is the former, take a look at Kael's guide, right here, it is a thorough modding guide for beginners. Also, enabling logging will help you immensely in regards to modding. :)
Also, this forums is packed with people that can help you with coding problems!

Unfortunately, I know too little of Zelda to help you with the latter.

Hello there! Another huge Zelda fan reporting in. I have authored quite a few mods (including full civs) of my own, and actually had some ideas for a Hyrule civ of my own. Unfortunately, I have far too much on my plate to either pursue my own or provide my full help on yours. =(

That said, I can totally help you brainstorm, and will try to assist in any way that I can. =) No promises, though; sorry about that.

(Just for the record, there is a preexisting Hyrule civ on the Workshop, but there was no Link representation at all, which really bothered me.)

Thanks for the replies, and the modders guide and logging tutorial. Kiang, I actually have the Hyrule Civ in my mods, and have tested them out. For a UA, they have a recycled Byzantine one and get pottery free. And they have 4 other uniques, for a total of 5. Id like to follow the rule of only 3, so I doubt id use that one in it. And any help is appreciated.

I have some for the Gorons and the Zora
Zora
UA: Zoras Domain. Tiles next to fresh sources of water provide +1 food.
UU: Zora Warrior. Replaces the warrior. No movement cost to embark\disembark and move across rivers. and has the amphibious promotion.
UB: Zora Hall. Replaces the Barracks. Provides all pre gunpowder units with a ranged attack before melee attack promotion, like the Impi.
Gorons
UA: Death Mountain. May move over mountains and they don't get hurt if they end the turn in them.
UU: Dodongo Rider. Replaces the Chariot archer. Starts with cover and is stronger.
UI; Dodongos Cavern. Maybe be built on a hill next to any mountain. Adds +3 food and +1 production.

Before you start getting ideas for other civs, best finish this one :p
Anyhoo, I made a small Zelda mod myself and then I saw this, so what do you think about trying to collaborate and make some Zelda stuff?
You did come up with some interesting ideas, although "The Goddess's Chosen Land" sounds a bit un-Zelda-ish. Something that has to do with the Triforce, Golden Goddesses or maybe even Sages seems to me a bit more fitting.

Top Bottom