Legend of Zelda Skin - Link (3/05/06)

Dual

Gun Mage
This is a reskin of the swordsman model made to look like Link, the hero from the many Legend of Zelda video games.

View attachment Link(Legend_of_Zelda).zip

Link1.jpg Link2.jpg Link3.jpg

I know the huge shoulder pads look out of place, but I don't have any way of removing them right now. So I gave them a light civ-color to give them some purpose.

Oops, just noticed that I made a typo and said it was the warrior skin. :blush: It's actually the swordsman skin as you can plainly see. I blaim it on posting early in the morning. :crazyeye:

CrazyAce said:
With how modable Civ 4 is, this unit might start a Civ revolution into a sort of RPG game…

If someone made that mod, I'd play it. A mod that's Civ and a RPG, that's the best of both worlds. :D

That's very easy to do when you add the unit to the XML files:

Just change the <iGroupSize>3</iGroupSize> tag in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file to 1. And then go to the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file and change the <fScale>0.61</fScale> to a slightly smaller number.

Dual said:
That's very easy to do when you add the unit to the XML files:

Just change the <iGroupSize>3</iGroupSize> tag in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file to 1. And then go to the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file and change the <fScale>0.61</fScale> to a slightly smaller number.

I already thought that this is related but didn't know it's the only thing to do. Thx for the advice

edit: say can you give a tip on how to merge different models in one group. I'll need this I know it.

Ploeperpengel said:
edit: say can you give a tip on how to merge different models in one group. I'll need this I know it.

I haven't tried doing that yet, so I don't know what's involved. But I think I've seen posts about it before, so I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Try doing a forum search and see if you find anything.

Dual said:
I haven't tried doing that yet, so I don't know what's involved. But I think I've seen posts about it before, so I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Try doing a forum search and see if you find anything.

Its definetly possible like with the Berserkers in Kael's Mod I think I'll have a look at that file. Also scaling works fine, I tried:)

Dual said:
Oops, just noticed that I made a typo and said it was the warrior skin. :blush: It's actually the swordsman skin as you can plainly see.

Well, actually the swordsman and the warrior are the same unit.
If you look well you'll see that the lazzy modelers from Firaxis have just changed the club into a sword, but the model is the same. They have added a round-shield and big shoulders too, so that they can pretend they have spent some time on it. :lol: :crazyeye:

Top Bottom