Legendary Culture Question...

trexeric

(or backwards 'cirexert')
What exactly is the amount of culture needed to achieve legendary culture? Thanks in advance.

What exactly is the amount of culture needed to achieve legendary culture? Thanks in advance.

It depends on game speed. I'm almost positive it's 50000 on Normal, 75000 on Epic. Don't know about the others.

50000 for normal. quick is less than this. Slower speeds more points.

500000???????

Someone had already posted the right answer of 50000, so posting 500000 could easily confuse someone. I don't want to have to assume the right answer when I ask a question here.

@trexeric

50000 is for standard as 75000 is for epic with a 50% more :culture: from normal to epic just like the number of turns (500 to 750).

But notice quick speed is a special case where the percentage of culture doesn't make the same rate as the number of turns. Quick has 330 turns instead of 500 of normal speed. This around 67% of normal speed. But :culture: for legendary need 25000, which is 50% of normal speed, not the envisioned 67%.

So, if you want easier and earlier (as for the comparative dates) culture games, the quick speed lends to that practice.

So, if you want easier and earlier (as for the comparative dates) culture games, the quick speed lends to that practice.

Well, this would be correct if the culture output for your three culture cities were available from turn 0 and on a constant level throughout the game. Which it isn't. If you have a look at HoF culture victories there's hardly an advantage for quick games. I'd say it's actually quite the contrary...

Well, this would be correct if the culture output for your three culture cities were available from turn 0 and on a constant level throughout the game. Which it isn't. If you have a look at HoF culture victories there's hardly an advantage for quick games. I'd say it's actually quite the contrary...

Okay, I admit some other unbalances make the difference. For example the worker moves takes more turn and needs more micro to avoid inefficiencies that hurt even more than slower speeds. But quick culture empire is easier to defend as the invaders take more times to reach cities compared to units build rate for defense. Defense is quite important as much as diplo in hostile environments.

Yes, the dates are not that superb like the pros making pre-1000 AD dates, but it is not as worse as diplo (horrible unnatural unbalances here) or any military games date.

Quick games favor peaceful types of games where builds don't need a travel time like units.

Quick games favor peaceful types of games where builds don't need a travel time like units.

True, but also settler movement and city location reconnaisance is faster the slower the game runs. For me the most significant improvement when going from normal to epic speed was that I knew much better where to place my cities because it took much less 'game time' to explore. And I don't think the main issue is to keep your empire defended, but to get those three high quality culture cities up as soon as possible...

And I forgot the improvement times are pretty bad on quick. Three turn chops and two turns roads; you've got to be kidding me, that's the same as normal speed! I've read it has to do for game balance (as quick speed games were balanced for multiplayer games I think), but still such unbalances reeks badly as much losses of turn onto forests or hills (unless being India and the hill has no forest on the top).

And I don't think the main issue is to keep your empire defended, but to get those three high quality culture cities up as soon as possible...

At one moment, we put the culture slider at 100% and science one at 0. We start to fall down and one starts to be backwards, especially on highest levels. So, fast gathering of units is making defense easier, especially if units are obsolete.

Top Bottom