Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

Dark_Jedi06

"Deus ex Machina."

Legendary Earth Mod (v.7) STABLE Updated: 5/16/14

Author: Eric Zuzzi (Dark_Jedi06/ExMachina)
Homepage: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=386128

Updating to new versions of this mod WILL break saved games from previous versions.

The "Legendary Earth Mod", one of Civilization V's most popular Earth maps, has once again been updated to take advantage of the latest expansion, Brave New World. Some highlights of the map:

-true start locations for civilizations and city states
-three different versions, each with a unique set of playable civilizations and city-states (some with an "Old World" start)
-focus on gameplay balance while maintaining a level of realism
-accurate resource placement and balance​

The Legendary Earth Map v.1 includes the following playable civilizations:

Spoiler :
Arabia
Byzantium
Carthage
China
Egypt
England
Ethiopia
France
Huns
India
Japan
Mongolia
Persia
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Siam
Songhai
Sweden
Venice
Zulu

The Legendary Earth Map v.2 includes the following playable civilizations:

Spoiler :
Arabia
Austria
China
Egypt
England
Ethiopia
Germany
Huns
India
Indonesia
Japan
Mongolia
Morocco
Netherlands
Ottomans
Persia
Russia
Songhai
Spain
Sweden
Venice
Zulu

The Legendary Earth Map v.3 includes the following playable civilizations:

Spoiler :
Aztecs
China
Egypt
England
Ethiopia
Germany
Inca
India
Iroquois
Japan
Maya
Mongolia
Netherlands
Ottomans
Russia
Shoshone
Siam
Songhai
Spain
Sweden
Zulu

KNOWN BUGS: For whatever reason, the game will not recognize the game speed you choose and will always revert back to Standard speed. I am yet to find a fix for this particular bug. As a work around, you can set your desired game speed in the Worldbuilder manually and save over the Legendary Earth Map file.

SCREENSHOTS​

AFRICA
Spoiler :

AMERICAS
Spoiler :

ASIA
Spoiler :

EUROPE
Spoiler :

HOW TO INSTALL/PLAY THE MOD​

After clicking the "SUBSCRIBE" button on the Steam Workshop* page, follow these steps:

*Alternatively, you may simply download the mod from the CFC Database (link listed above) and unzip the "Legendary Earth Mod" folder to My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization V > MODS.

1. Start up Sid Meier's Civilization V through Steam. Once loaded, please ensure that you have the proper DLC downloaded and that it is enabled. The Legendary Earth Mod requires the Gods & Kings Expansion, the Brave New World Expansion and Mongolia.

Other DLC (such as the Wonders of the Ancient World) is considered optional.

2. From the Main Menu, click on "Mods". If installed correctly, the "Legendary Earth Mod (v.?)" will show up in your list of mods.* Enable it.

* Please note that the Legendary Earth Mod is balanced ONLY for the default game rules. It is strongly recommended that you DO NOT play this mod with any other mod that modifies the base game rules.

3. Now that the mod is enabled, click "Next" and give the game a moment to load the mod. From the next menu, click "Single Player" to begin a new game.

4. From the set up menu, click on the maps option and select "Legendary Earth Map v.1" or "Legendary Earth Map v.2" from the list depending on your preference.

5. Once you've selected the map, tick the "Load Scenario" radio button. From there, you are ready to select your leader, difficulty level and game speed.

6. Wait for the game to load and enjoy! And don't forget, please leave feedback on the homepage listed above! And don't forget to favorite the mod if you enjoy it.​

VERSION HISTORY

VERSION 7 STABLE

Spoiler :
-added a third version of the map without an Old World start (places 5 playable civilizations in the New World)
-fixed issue that caused barbarians not to spawn properly
-added 14 new religions and changed religious preferences; almost every civilization has its own
religion
-integrated Barathor's "More Luxuries" mod, adding Cocoa, Tobacco, Tea and Coffee as luxuries
-redistributed luxuries on the map with more emphasis on regional diversity
-removed Horses from the New World in version 1 and version 2
-replaced Antanavario with Riga in version 1, added Riga in version 2
-redid the British Isles

VERSION 6 STABLE
Spoiler :
-updated to be compatible/balanced for Brave New World expansion
-split map into two versions, each containing different civilization sets (but retaining Old World start) to include Brave New World exclusive civs
-added rivers to southeast Asian islands
-redid the British isles; moved farther south and more accurately shaped
-redid Greenland; shrunk size, reduced inhabitable land and changed available resources
-moved Iceland a few tiles north
-added Reykjavik (Maritime city state) to Iceland
-enlarged western Europe and moved French starting location
-removed Eko and Lhasa city states
-added Cuzco, Tikal and Nazca as city-states in the New World
-added Kyzyl and Antananarivo
-reduced number of unique luxuries on Indian subcontinent
-reduced size of Great Barrier Reef from 4 tiles to 2 tiles
-replaced Kuala Lumpur with Singapore
-added Lake Victoria and Kiliminjaro natural wonders
-removed Altitude Training Promotion associated with Kiliminjaro
-added more mountains to southeast Asia
-shrunk the Sahara desert
-many other miscellaneous tweaks and balance changes that are too numerous to mention

VERSION 5 STABLE
Spoiler :
-removed "Legendary Earth I, II" and "Legacy Version" and replaced them with a single "Legendary Earth Map"
-"Legendary Earth Map" features an Old World start only, with no playable civilizations in North America/South America, only city-states
-buffed starting position for Persia, the Huns
-nerfed starting position for Russia, Ethiopia
-tweaked Korean peninsula, Japanese archipelago
-Shrunk Saharan desert to make North Africa more competetive
-removed the following city-states: Warsaw, Jerusalem, Kotte, Marrakech, Valletta
-added the following city-states: Yerevan, Cahokia, Onondaga, Mapuche, Nazca, Tenochtitlan, Manaus
-shuffled European starting positions to be more accurate/balanced (mainly Austria & Germany)
-redistributed oil and iron resources
-made most coastlines two tiles wide, making the Mediterranean all coastal tiles
-shuffled Mediterranean island representation; Corsica, Sardinia, Crete and Cyprus representated by actual tiles, Majorca/Minorca, Malta and Aegean islands represented by Atolls
-several Baltic islands now preresented by Atolls: Aland, Funen/Zealand, Hiiumaa/Saaremaa
-Black Sea now contains 10 coastal tiles, meeting the threshold for inland sea; cities built here may now construct naval units
-set Ethipoia religious preference to Islam, Carthage religious preference to Judaism
-Removed some extraneous rivers from Scandinavia
-general balance and map tweaks

VERSION 4 STABLE
Spoiler :
-removed versions of both LEM I & II with random start locations (will be returned once maps are considered "fully balanced")
-rebalanced the list of civilizations for LEM I & II (Ottomans and Korea moved to LEM I, Byzantium and Mongolia moved to LEM II)
-increased maximum foundable religions by 1 (from 7 to 8)
-added coal to Northern Africa
-buffed Egypt, Sweden/Denmark and China starting locations
-rebalanced resource distribution in Britian and Japan
-changed Marrkech art style to Middle Eastern
-general balance tweaks

VERSION 3 BETA
Spoiler :
-added the "Legendary Earth (Legacy Version)"
-removed the mod dependencies

VERSION 2 BETA
Spoiler :
-fixed inability to load save games
-switched Aztecs for the Maya on LEM II (as was initially intended)
-removed Egypt and Zanzibar from the same team

VERSION 1 BETA
Spoiler :
-initial release

Hmm couldn't find the download for it on the ingame browser. What did you name it, I am excited to play this map :)

PS I searched LED and Legendary Earth and neither came up. And I looked through all 5 pages Just lemme know if I'm blind.

Thanks Lilpenny

Hmm couldn't find the download for it on the ingame browser. What did you name it, I am excited to play this map :)

PS I searched LED and Legendary Earth and neither came up. And I looked through all 5 pages Just lemme know if I'm blind.

Thanks Lilpenny

You're not blind. :)

I just uploaded it to the mod database under "Legendary Earth Map (LEM)". It should be near the top. :) Final addition before releasing it was adding Carthage as a city-state.

Please post any issues whatsoever in this thread.

Very cool. Can't wait to try it.

Can you also make another version, that includes all 3 American Civ's?

Whats the name of the map in the map selection screen? I can't find LEM. I did install it right though.

Well, I can see the files so I know I downloaded it and I have it selected (I've gotten other mods to work) but I cant get it to show up on the map list.

Instructions for Installation

Find and download the mod through the online hub. Then go to your list of installed mods and make sure that "Legendary Earth Mod" is checked. Start a single player game through the mod menu. Under the map list choose "Legendary Earth" and tick "Load Scenario". Then choose your civilization and play.

I hope that clears up any confusion, I meant to post that earlier.

Instructions for Installation

Find and download the mod through the online hub. Then go to your list of installed mods and make sure that "Legendary Earth Mod" is checked. Start a single player game through the mod menu. Under the map list choose "Legendary Earth" and tick "Load Scenario". Then choose your civilization and play.

I hope that clears up any confusion, I meant to post that earlier.

The legendary earth doesnt show up.

The legendary earth doesnt show up.

Please check the mod directory for LEM at My Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization 5 > MODS > Legendary Earth Mod (LEM) in that folder should be a a Civ5 Map file simple titled Earth.

Is that there?

Please check the mod directory for LEM at My Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization 5 > MODS > Legendary Earth Mod (LEM) in that folder should be a a Civ5 Map file simple titled Earth.

Is that there?

Yes sir, with also the other files.

Yes sir, with also the other files.

If that's the case then you have the map file...when you go to start a single player game you're doing it under the Mods submenu correct? (Main Menu > Mods > Single Player > Set Up Game) And to find the map you're looking under Map Type?

The mod is also listed under your list of Installed mods in the Mod Hub correct? The green check mark is checked for LEM?

Edit: The map name is "Legendary Earth" by the way.

I think the issue we who cant see the map are having is obvious. You named the map Earth. There's all ready a generic map that comes with the game named Earth. See the issue here?

Edit: Well apparently even though its named Legendary Earth, which makes my statement worthless, it still doesn't show up(for me).

If that's the case then you have the map file...when you go to start a single player game you're doing it under the Mods submenu correct? (Main Menu > Mods > Single Player > Set Up Game) And to find the map you're looking under Map Type?

The mod is also listed under your list of Installed mods in the Mod Hub correct? The green check mark is checked for LEM?

Edit: The map name is "Legendary Earth" by the way.

Yep. All is correct.

Top Bottom