Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Dark_Jedi06, Sep 30, 2010.
It may be in 21th century summertime, but it most certainly wasn't in the late 1500s.
Hi it is possibile have a map with all the civilization in a game and with less city states?
This is William of Orange.
And i'd like also to join new civilization... to this wonderful map... (ex: Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Canada... if someonne will do these)
The map is strictly vanilla, so I won't be adding in any modded Civs like Brazil.
Also, as it stands now, 22 civs is the limit on any map. This can't be changed without access to the DLL.
How do I change the game speed to Epic? I have installed WB, but have never used it.
Your scenario is great fun to play.
1. Start the WB.
2. Click on "Mods", and make sure the LEM mod is enabled. Other mods should be disabled, just in case.
3. Load the map (look for it in the MODS folder).
4. Click on "Scenario Editor".
5. Change the Default Speed.
6. Close the Scenario Editor window.
7. Save the map.
Hey, me again. After playing this map ALOT theirs a few more things ive noticed.
1. With the inclusion of austria france seems to play much worse than before. He often times only has room for one extra city, while say, spain has room for two or three cities on the peninsula alone. Austria seems to always settle in italy, and when this happens france cant make a mediteranian port city. Perhaps upscale france a bit, or simply remove austria entirely. Austria also conflicts alot with germanies space espiecally with polands inclusion ( Not that im against polands inclusion)
2. Egypt also is doomed in all my games thanks to ethiopia, who for whatever reason is a city spammer in all my games. Obviously ethiopia should stay, but perhaps make it so egypt can settle a mediteranian city on the nile, by moving thebes down a few tiles.
3.Why are the huns in this map? Their inclusion does balance the map slightly, but theirs alot more important civs that could be added in favour of them. The main one being persia, which you have made a city state. I removed the huns and persipolis, adding persia, and played as the ottomons, and it worked out just fine.
4. The pacific remains lonely. Adding the city states i mentioned a few weeks ago would add some nice flavour.
5. Egypt always snags mount sinai, and usually founds islam as a result. It would make sense if the wonder was closer to the arab capital.
6.Valleta is kind of pointless.
I hope firaxis increases the 22 civ limit, as well as the max possible map size. Ide love to have every civ in this map
Thanks as always for the comments. I've been very busy lately and haven't had much time for Civ V. There's a large variety of civs with the expansion which is why civs like the Huns and Austria are included, sometimes at the expense of other civs. This is why I made two versions of the map (one version has the Huns + Persian city state while one has Persia as a civ).
In my games, Egypt seems to do pretty well, it seems to be a toss up between who dominates Africa based on how Egypt/Ethiopia choose to expand. Sometimes Egypt goes north and other times they spam south.
I will add some additional city-states to the Pacific...if the 22 civ limit is ever increased, Polynesia will end up there again. I will also look into tinkering with Egypt's start and what I can do with Europe.
And yes, Valletta is pointless I suppose, I initally added it for some variety since its hard to place city-states in Europe (not a lot of room).
We'll see when I get to these, maybe this week.
No, that's a 19th century statue. This, however, is him - notice the emphasis on black (as opposed to colour), which even shows in a just as contemporary, more youthful painting.
I've got a really interesting game going on as the ottomans. After being constantly bullied and spat on by the middle east and europe, I went and conquered Arabia, Persia, Austria, France, and spain, I could easily conquer germany, Russia, and sweden, but my current focus is in Africa, where I'm attempting to capture the holy city of Adis Abbada. Ethiopia already conquered Egypts two cities, which I quickly reconquered for my own, but ethiopia has massive defenses against me: He is just barely behind me in tech, so he's equiped with the same stuff I use, he has the 20% bonus for having less cities than me (which is barely the case.), and he has the defender of the faith bonus, which is like 25% combat near his cities.
I want to send a picture of our battle, but steam is being wierd right now. Also, for the first time ever, Australia is being settled by the AI. However, it is being settled by not one, but two AI! (China and India, India settled two cities in the west, china settled three in the north and east.) China also has spammed lots of cities in the pacific, so it looks like this map will be completely filled by probably the atomic era. I've currently settled in Madagascar, and am sending settlers to New zealand. I'll send pics tommorow.
Sweden does NOT get its starting location! No matter how hard I try. Would there be a solution to it, if, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! I've been waiting for long time to try this very interesting mod.
(By Sweden I've been on locations of Egypt, Portugal, France, Iroquois, Maya etc)
Please help, any ideas are most welcome!
EDIT: I've tried Leg.Earth Mod I & II as well as the Legacy mod, without results
Moderator Action: Merged the separate thread about this issue into this post.
Tick the "Load Scenario" button after you select your civ.
Why is Japan linked to Asia ??
Any idea when you are going to be done with the "New World" scenario? I can't wait to try it, because every game I play one of the New World civilizations completely rolls through that half of the world and I simply can't keep up.
And its always the Iroquois. Has anyone experienced this?
Yea, their UA, UU, and UB are on steroids on this map. Siam is also another civ that rarely has much of a problem becoming a major power.
Yup, every single game this happens. Though keep in mind, you can easily edit the map yourself with the sdk.
I think an excellent solution Dark jedi could do is edit the UAs of civs to balance them out for the map. For example the iroquis could only be able to make cities on rivers or lakes, and all the new world civs have a science nerf. Or, once someone makes a mod to have more than 22 civs in a map, jedi can put some modded civs in the americas to balance things out.
For someone reason, Greek civilization is in south american on your first map. Is it because I miss a DLC or something?
I purchased G+K from Steam on Monday and I am having problems with LEMv4.
1. I start a game using LEM II, choose Rome and everything is fine except the game speed issue - Rome is where it should be. I save the map then load it in WB - change the default speed to Epic, save then exit.
I start CivV again choose Mods and LEMv4, load my changed map, choose Rome and my starting location is everywhere except in Italy.
2. I give up trying for Rome in Italy so I play with Rome starting in Alexandria, Egypt - every goes fine - using Mt. Sinai I quickly have a Pantheon and can choose a religion. No matter what I try, I cannot found a religion! - the "Found Religion" button won't work.
I am playing Steam's Civ 5 on a mac. I installed the mod, and it seems to work fine as far as my civilization starting in the right place. But all the other civs seem totally random. Is this supposed to be happening?
Separate names with a comma.