Legends of Revolution: Deuces Wild

D!CK_VII

Prince
SETTING
2 totally independent civilizations
Game Version: BtS 3.19
MOD: Legends of Revolution http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319235
Difficulty for humans: Noble/Prince
Advanced start: 2400pts (wow that's a lot)
Map size: bigger than huge 140x88 (wow that"s big than my BEEP)
50-60% water means a lot of land
2 AI for every human player

MOD&SCENARIO

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319235

You will be in control of 2 count them 2 totally independent civilizations in a giant world. You know you have a friend out there but can you find him.

Advanced Start 2400: You will get a lot of points. So will your opponent and the AI. Use them wisely.

World Size 140x88: This is the largest map I and others have gotten to successfully work. Thank dogboy, eclipse, and nighthawk for there patience in the early testing.

With so many points you will have stuff to do in the early stages of the game, not the boring open click gps scenario that goes on. The AI may want to kick your A** the 1st chance he gets. So may I. We will start as minor civilizations meaning you can not make peace until your civilizations researches writing. Tech trading will be allowed Tech brokering will not. Looking for 4 to 6 players.

I love the LOR mod, and might finally have some ability to keep up with yet another game...

BUT, I'd only play if theres a few changes to the game compared to previous LOR games:

~would need to have revolutions on. Thats the best part of this mod, having parts of your empire revolt against you, turning that off nerfs the fun-ness of the mod.

~if you are doing such a huge map, then need to at least move it to epic speed. Obviously epic and marathon speeds make PBEM's more of a grind, but with a map that big, I feel that the scale gets destroyed keeping it on normal speed. if I sail an army to the other side of the world for an invasion, theres a good chance it will be outdated by the time it arrives, especially with tech trading.

~also, id want the number of total players (humans + AI) to be scalable to the map size. Kinda silly to have a huge map but only 12 civs or something. Unless of course you turn on raging barbs and barbs turn to civs, in which case... ok.

~I dont like how with such an advanced start, the early religions completely disappear. in our other game, theres only confucianism, christianity and islam and... thats it. 2 of my 3 civs in that game have absolutely no ability to get religion easily since they are on separate continents, which makes it very painful for happiness... and kinda screws up and nerfs the religious victory too.

All that being said... I'd be interested if some of these options are up for discussion.

"would need to have revolutions on. Thats the best part of this mod, having parts of your empire revolt against you, turning that off nerfs the fun-ness of the mod." - nighthawk

don't mind that.

"if you are doing such a huge map, then need to at least move it to epic speed." - nighthawk

this maybe a really hard sell. the mod is a hard enough sell. the biggest usable map that worked w/o problems is not that much bigger.
huge = 128x80
largest map = 140x88

"I feel that the scale gets destroyed keeping it on normal speed. if I sail an army to the other side of the world for an invasion, theres a good chance it will be outdated by the time it arrives, especially with tech trading." - nighthawk

well i do understand this but think of it this way. it will force more of a diplo game in mid game. it will give weaker civs more of fighting chance in the long run for they will last until the end. if you kill everyone around you your trading will be crushed so just beating the caca out of all the A.I. may not be the best idea.

"also, id want the number of total players (humans + AI) to be scalable to the map size. Kinda silly to have a huge map but only 12 civs or something. Unless of course you turn on raging barbs and barbs turn to civs, in which case" - nighthawk

on the last game i think its was 3 civ per player vs. 3 or maybe 4 A.I. civs per player

"I dont like how with such an advanced start, the early religions completely disappear. " - nighthawk

you leaned a lesson next time don't buy that tech research it. especially if we go to an epic speed (which i don't mind) we need a good start 3 cities or the early going will be mega slow.

but i will bend on all concerns in order to just get a game going if the majority agrees.

Does this Revolutions work with multiplayer ? RevolutionDCM did not.

I will give this a go too!

Does this Revolutions work with multiplayer ? RevolutionDCM did not.

I will give this a go too!

good question we have not tried it so we don't know.

i don't know of a revolution dcm game in pbem in the last 3years. were these games online.

You can test the scenario's multiplayer compatibility via Hot-Seat initially.

Well unless revolutions work in PBEM, then im out. I just like my games to all be different from one another in some sort and we already have the other LOR game that im in, so i dont see the need to start another one.

Top Bottom