Leges sine moribus vanae: The Term 5 Yasutan Supreme Court

Actually to add this a unanimous vote by this court is required - Lockesdonkey agreed, I agreed and Nobody agreed and disagreed - but I read his last post as a sort of approval unless he protests :rolleyes:

Go ahead put the option in. Really what happened was i voted for the option but then regretted it.

Before the Court concludes the "State vs Joe Harker", I would like to request a quick review of the Judicial Procedures vs. the Constitution. Please understand that I don't mean for this review to slow things down nor am I interested in changing the result of the trial in any way. I merely want to ensure sufficient thought is put into the implementation.

I put off asking this question because at the point I realized it was even a question, it didn't look like it would need to be asked. I am asking it as a citizen foremost.

Judicial Procedures said:
The Trial poll will be a private poll, with the options Innocent, Guilty and Abstain. It will run for 48 hours. The option receiving the most votes will determine the result. In the event of a tie, the members of the Judiciary will determine the result by posting clear opinions in the Trial thread.

Constitution said:
All Election and other polls in which specific individuals are chosen by name shall be private polls, and not public polls.

Question: Does the Judicial Procedure for the Justices posting clear opinions constitute a poll? If it does constitute a poll, does the public nature of the procedure violate the Constitution on the aspect of public polling being disallowed for polls concerning an individual?

This is right. In all demogames this happened before, there is a written statement of a couple or three paragraphs each for each Judge, when this happens.

I join Ori's (brief) opinion.

Does the Judicial Procedure for the Justices posting clear opinions constitute a poll?

No, it is not a poll it is a court ruling made after the Jury poll was tried and couldn't decide the issue.

I'm not going to make a decision until both the Judge Advocate and Public Defender make their determinations.

Just waiting for ori, then...

Top Bottom