Legion can build roads and forts?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by BarbarianArcher, Dec 25, 2010.

1. BarbarianArcher

BarbarianArcher Chieftain

For the life of me, I do NOT know how my Legion can suddenly build roads and forts. I moved a worker on to a damaged (5 health) Legion. The Legion was to a marsh (the marsh-trading post):lol:. It suddenly can build roads. Maybe rails. It could also build a fort, but I don't have the tech. :p

Attached Files:

2. Medopu

Medopu Warlord

Yes they can! That is the roman UA. Neat isn't it? :D

3. Smoo

Smoo Chieftain

It's even an achievement. Build a road with a Legion as Rome. One of the easiest Civ-specific achievements.

4. BarbarianArcher

BarbarianArcher Chieftain

Oh, wow.

I guess I didn't know Legions could build roads. XD

5. biohazard72

biohazard72 Prince

Swordsmen are generally weak for warfare, so while they are Legions I tend to road up my empire while pushing for Longswords. Then wipe an enemy civ with them.

6. Mac2411

Mac2411 Chieftain

The Legions can not only build roads, but they are more powerful than regular swordsmen. Thus, there is little reason to wait for Longswords. If I'm playing Rome I almost always use them for an early Classical Era offensive./ They are incredibly effective at taking enemy cities, especially when used in conjunction with siege units.

7. biohazard72

biohazard72 Prince

The window where Legions can be used on Deity is very, very small. They're only really useful against peacemonger civs.

8. davelisowski

davelisowski Spartan

Make sure you have a worker following your line of legions to remove the road to save on maintenance costs!