1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Legion Tournament I

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Strider, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Contests Include:

競馬 Horse Races: Basic free for all horseracing speed skill

剣の演劇 Swordplay: 1vs1 Armed challange, winners of each round move up. Armed Defense Skill, Shield Skill, Sword Skill

非武装の戦闘 Unarmed Combat: 1v1 Unarmed challange, winners of each round move up. Unarmed Defense Skill, Unarmed Attack Skill

アーチェリーArchery: Person with the most bullseye wins Bow Skill

戦い高貴 Battle Royal: Free For all, everyone in at one time attacking/defending however they want to. Armed Defense, Unarmed Defense, Shield, Sword, Unarmed Attack Skills

If you wish to compete in the tournament please send a letter (PM) to Strider with your Skills and contests you wish to enter. (Also please send some info to me about your character also, like: Sword or Spear? What type of sword? etc.)

Rules of the Game:

* You must play fairly
    * No bribery
    * Once the tournament begins, you can not pull out.

You enter at your own risk, you take full responsibility for your death or dismemberment. Results may vary.

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

okay all though this is an i'll join post, how about the winner gets an extra skill point? also maybe you should add a list of the people in the tournament to the top pf your post.

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan has heard that some of the other men will be competing in a tournament soon. They plan on fighting eachother and risking their lives for the sake of competition. SaaMsan thinks this is really really stupid. Something should be done about it. We cannot risk our best men to silly sports.
    Suddenly, he has a plan
    "I can protest! I'll sit on the field days before the competiton and they wont be able to play!"
    SaaMsan grabed his best blue robes, a large blanket and some sturdy sticks. He set up a tent on the field that he knew Strider would be using.
    The night was cold, but SaaMsan stuck to his duty. Even though he was heckled at, he stayed. Nothing, except for maybe a bunch of flaming spears heading in his way, would get rid of him.
    And so, SaaMsan formed the first sit in. What will happen? Will he be speared six ways to sunday for a somewhat stupid action? Will he stop the contest? Lets see what the others have to say.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka heard that some men were gonna get rid of the idiotic tent in the middle of the Great Combat Field. He saw them leave, 6 harsh guys with flaming torches and spears. What were they gonna do? Where they actually gonna kill the guy, whoever it was, in the tent? This had to be investigated.

So Ankka quietly ran in the shadows, trying to catch up the men before they got o the field. After some half a kilometer he was only a few meters away, but they spoke too quietly, it couldn't be heard.

After walking some time after them he decided to go warn the tent - guy, whoever he was.

He ran around the men at a distance, so they didn't notice him, and after a while saw the tent in the middle of a field. It was blue. A small lihgt was flickering in the tent, propably a candle.

Ankka slowly opened the tent's door, and was greatly surprised when he saw SaaMsan sitting on the small bed - type thing in the middle of the tent.

"There are men coming this way to get rid of you to get the Fighting Zone clear, they propably won't be too kind, I suggest you get out of here and fast! If you're fast, you may even be able to resque your tent!"

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

"Never!" shouted SaaMsan. "You can burn my blue robe, I've got others. Torch my camp, its not the highest thread count cloth I own. Tear up my books... erah... we don't have books yet..." SaaMsan paused, thought, then came to this conclusion: "But you'll never take meh freeeeeeeeeedoooomm!!"
    "...the hell?" replied Ankka.

6. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

Pete, the young 14 year old, heard some people screaming. He walked over a hill and he saw this little tent with 6 harsh guys going towards. The 6 guys didn't see Pete because he was behind them. Pete took his longsword out of its holder and got his little wood sheild out. Who ever was in the tent he was going to save.

Pete then charged at the 6 men and swung his sword at one, and the one fell over. All of the sudden the remaining 5 men turned around and went towrds Pete. Pete stood calm as the men came towards him.

"Bring it on."

7. Stuck_as_a_Mac

"Hey! Weirdo with the longsword! Yea, you. C'mon! We can take'em" shouted SaaMsan.
    With that, SaaMsan ran over to one up the guys and screamed "Judo Chop!" The guy fell like a ton of bricks. "Weird. Gotta remember that one" thought SaaMsan. What will happen next? (ya know, Strider, you can try to yell at me to get off the field)

8. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

Immo had always fancied himself as adept at unarmed combat, having learned disabling movements from his father. He arrived at the tent at the south entrance of the competition and saw a small lineup of contestants, most of them young and immature looking. Some immediately earned his respect, especially the coordinator, called Strider. A hulk of a man, Immo considered him a worthy adversary, both on the battlefield and in the sake room.

"what compeitions would you like to sign up for?" the competition organizer spoke out to him.

"Unarmed combat, and Horseracing" He replied.

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

BCLG approaches and looks quite a sight with his sword drawn,

"ALL OF YOU, CLEAR OFF!" with that everyone vanishes except little SaamSan who keeps saying judo chop to himself and hitting thin air.

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

(previously in the day, before Michiko entered the bar).

"Such vulgarities used by these men!", thought Michiko.

Culture Note: - Japanese people consider it rude, and chauvinistic if one refers to themselfs using "san", or any other ending. It's ok to use san/sama/kun/chan after another person's name.

Michiko walks up to the registration hut and gives two bamboo weeds (there's no currency or writing yet!) as a symbol that she has signed up for the games. "I would like to enter the Battle Royal, and 1vs1 unarmed defense combat". Michiko has sort of a 6th sense about her that made her a natural fighter, despite what her nature would show. She could easily anticipate what her opponents moves would be. Some would even said she could control nature itself -- but that is only just a rumor. Michiko often shunned the way people would look at her abilities as being mystical. Nevertheless, she was ready for some excitement, and willing to train her skills.

11. Stuck_as_a_Mac

oh... i had no idea. i was basing it off of Iron Chef. :Goes to kill the anouncer dude: they call him squesan, or something to that account. But it's always "san" grr... well, might as well add male chauvinist pig to my character flaws. but its not the 60s, so i cant, so too bad. SaaMsan stays.
    this has been a "blame iron chef" post

12. Chieftess

OOC (Out Of Character): Never listen to cheap translators. ;)

13. snipelfritz

snipelfritz Crazy about the Demogame

Snipel sits on a hill above the field. He laughs at the fools and their petty quarrels. Especially the ones running around with imaginary weapons in their hands (Swords haven't been invented yet). He had half a mind to run in there and break up the brawl, but he knew he would end up a part of it, and that was the last thing he wanted. "A battle over a blood sport," he thought, "when will we learn, we're a society. Oh well no one ever listens."
    Snipel stands up and goes home to fix himself some rice.

14. Chieftess

Snipel - you need a character. As for the swords, they're bronze swords. ;)

15. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

Hey! Weirdo with the longsword! Yea, you. C'mon! We can take'em" shouted SaaMsan.

Pete looked at SaaMsan. "The name isn't Weirdo," said Pete. "The name is Pete." Pete then swung his sword again at the remaining 4 men. Pete missed. Pete didn't know that there was one of the strange men behind him. The man was about to hit when...

16. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

OOC: We also have the tech we are currently researching so the swords can be iron/steel, unless we changed from Iron Working to something else :p.

*Ixosis saw the petty quarrel on the tournemant field and follow BCLG to break it up. He unsheathed his katana and blocked the blow going for Pete. Ixosis then walked over to SaaMsan.*

"I know the fact of men fighting each other turns your stomach, but they are doing it under their freedom as you are standing here blocking a very miniscule part of the field. You can stay, but I assume you'll be attacked again, or the tournament will go on whether or not your tent is here. Out of this huge field, a few meters won't matter. Your choice bud."

*Ixosis walks back to Pete*

"You young man better be careful, next time you may not have someone stop a fight like this. But what is your name? Your skills in a sword are evident. Maybe I can help you improve them."

17. Stuck_as_a_Mac

SaaMsan, upon realizing that he only was taking up a small part of the field, stoped and thought. "Crap. What am I doing here on this corner? I should be in the center." But as he was thinking that, he noticed Ixosis pull out a large sword made of a material he had never seen before. "Crap 2x"
    SaaMsan decided to back into his corner a little more and not take on the main field. If he did, there would be all sorts of bedlam. And even SaaMsan didnt want that.
    Leaving his tent for a few moments, he finds Strider. "Alright. Here's what I'm willing to do. I'll stay in my corner and you guys play arround me. Heck, I'll even provide some stuff for target practice. In return, I want a small button that says I'm a peaceful protester, along with some discounts at the Immo pub and reduced admission to a show. You'll get to play, but I'll be there protesting. But you most likely wont be able to see me. Out of sight, out of mind. Do we have a deal?"
    Strider thinks about it and says "..."

Oh, in other news, if my protest buttons and discounts thing looks funny, its because its true. I have to pick one up myself so that I can get 5 bucks off @ applebees. Silly Mayor... (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/18/nyregion/18buttons.html - NYTimes article on Peaceful Political Activist buttons) and 5 points to anyone who can name the other large green I was talking about. HINT: NYCs being sued over it right now

SaaMsan
    and
    SaaM

18. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka wonders what these Iron Chef's are what SaaMsan is talking about.

After the little battlein the fields he decides that warring is useless, and killing others isn't nice. He decides to follow SaaMsan and try and get that cool stuff too which he heard about. Buttons and discounts... Wow. Now that's something.

19. Chieftess

OOC: Ankka - It's an imported Japanese show that's shown over here (cooking shows). The series ended in Japan years ago, though. It's like a cook-off (cooking contest).

20. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    CivGeneral walks to the sign up sheet and signs his name for the unarmed combat games.