1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Legion Tournament I

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Strider, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

*Ixosis pushes his horse to race Pete to Immo. His horse jumps logs, dodges trees, and wades brooks and streams. Ixosis looked back so see Pete following him closely.*

"I see you're a natural for riding a horse, but can you do this?"

*Ixosis stands on the back of his horse and 'surfs' while going through a forest. As a low branch apporached Ixosis jumped over it and did a barrel roll (also know as a varial flip in MotoX ;)) and lands back into the saddle. He gets up again but stands backwards on the horse and watches as Pete's eyes grow wide with amazement.*

"Watch out behind you!"
    "Don't worry."

*Ixosis winks and as another branch comes he does a back hand spring off of one and does a spin flip off another at a higher level, but unfortunately hits a thick branch right into his waist. He grunts a pain and falls onto another branch but manages to grab on and stop his fall as he swings up and sits down, watching Pete get his and Ixosis' horse back.*

"Well that was unexpected."

*Ixosis dropped to the ground catlike and then jumped atop his horse again, and they were off, again.*

"So do you have any tricks you want to show off?"

*Ixosis laughs to himself as he rethinks how he hit that tree back there.*

2. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Horns sound, marking the start of the match. The crowd yells as both competitors enter the arena, but quickly quiet down as the flag goes up and..

The flag is down!!! The match has begun!!! Strider on the offensive a nice side cut, but blocked by Meacha. Now Meacha on the offensive, a nice hit to Striders shoulder, would have been ever worst if, AND STRIDER HAS KNOCKED MEACHA DOWN!!!! THIS FIGHT MAY BE OVER!! NO!! He's back up with a quick backflip, a nice move there. Strider back on the offensive, he's gotten a few good punch's onto Meacha, and.. ouch... that one had to hurt. Meacha just kicked Strider hard in the kneecap... HE'S DOWN!!! THE FIGHT IS OVER!!! MEACHA HAS WON!!!

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan's Interns can't find SaaMsan.
    "Crap. Where is he?" asked Nino (Nameless Intern Number One)
    "I don't know" responded Ninto (2) "Has anyone seen SaaMsan?" This last question was adressed to the other dozen nameless interns, (Ninth, Ninfo, Ninfi, Ninsi, Ninse, Nine, Ninn, Nint, Ninel, Nintw, Ninthi, Ninft) "No" they replyed in unison.
    "Hey Ninn," asked Ninel "Why'd we have to change our names to these weird ones? I used to be Betty, but now I'm Ninel for some reason."
    "Don't ask" cautioned Ninn. "Otherwise SaaMsan will start singing again"
    "But he's not here right now. Remember? We don't know where he is!" shouted ... one of them.
    "Hey look... a note" said one of them.
    The note read:
    Dear Interns
    I have gone to the temple for a several day massage. Do not disturb me unless two or more of you are dead. Good luck with the protests and keep practicing the routene. I'll be back when I'm done at the temple for the show.
    Love,
    SaaMsan

A unanimous "Oy" went up from the 14 nameless interns.

4. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

BCLG wanders around and comes across 12 worried looking men and 2 worried looking women, "Are you lot lost? questions BCLG, they all proceed to nod in unison,
    "i take it your not too talkative either?", they all shake their heads together except one of the slower ones, who picks his nose.
    "lets go and see if we can find him." BCLG says and sets off, then comes back as at least 5 of them had begun following the bird they'd seen in the sky.

5. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

An announcement goes up around the Legion Tournament site

The last day for sign-ups is wednesday!!! The Legion Tournament will offcially begin on thursday!!

6. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Michiko heads to the arena, eager to practice her skills, and maybe even improve some.

7. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hydrino walks into the sign-up office. "Hmm... The choices are horse racing, swordplay, unarmed combat, archery, and battle royal," he reads off the sign on the wall. "Well, I can't ride, use a sword, and am unable to pose a threat physically. But I am pretty crafty with a bow." He writes his name on the sign-up line for archery.

8. waldoa

waldoa Chieftain

Thos strides across the field to the organizers. His broad shoulders stand an inch above most of the crowd, and the bright scars on his back stand out after a full day straining in the blacksmith's shop. He speaks to one of the organizers and thinks to try his hand at armed sword combat and the battle royale. His sister, now 14, tries to stop him, but Thos craves action and what better activity than a massive battle with the unequaled warriors of Japantikku.

9. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

OOC: My computer does not seem to want to run the stats program that I made for the tournament, so I won't beable to finish all of them today. I will however post a schedule:

Saturday:
    First rounds of Armed Combat
    First rounds of Unarmed Combat

Sunday:
    Second rounds of Armed Combat
    Second rounds of Unarmed Combat
    Horse races

Monday:
    Final round of Armed Combat
    Final round of Unarmed combat
    Archery

Tuesday:
    Battle Royal

10. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hydrino will have plenty of time to get his bow arm ready for Monday's tournament.

11. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

*Pete still stares in amazement..*

"So do you have any tricks to so off Pete"

*Pete stops day dreaming*

"Well let's see here," said Pete. Pete then stands up carefully and jumps very high and does 2 flips in mid air. the then lands on his hands. Then he is riding on his head. He then sits back down on the horse. there was a treebrand coming up. He jumped of the horse and was in fornt of the horse about 6 feet. He grabs the branch and swings around and the jumos in the horse. just then he hit his chest with a big tree branch. He catches a branch with his feet before he fell.

*Pete thought how could he get back to his horse.*

He jumps atop the branch. He starts running towrads the horse on the branched and catches up to it. He then slips and hits Ixosis in the back and he falls off and then Pete off his horse.

*The horses started running away as Pete and Ixosis lay on the ground.*

"Sorry man..," said Pete.

Ixosis a little shaken up gets up and says, "It's okay. We better starting getting back to that tournament. Gonna start soon. We have to walk it lookss like unless we get the horses back whice they are long gone."

12. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

OOC: The damn calculator is still giving me problems, so I'm just going to do it manually tommorow, but I'm goung to have to back the tournament up by one day. Here is who everyone is facing though:

Unarmed Combat:
    Round 1
    Immortal vs Superpelon

Round 2
    Michiko vs CivGeneral

Final Round
    Round 1 winner vs Round 2 winner

Armed:
    Round 1
    BCLG vs truckingpete

Round 2
    Blackheart vs Thos

Final Round
    Round 1 winner vs Round 2 winner

13. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Sigh... Hydrino's the only one doing archery. He's so lonely. ;)

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

you cant really lose then can you? :D strider maye get a couple of NPC's involved i dunno :)

15. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Immortal vs Superpelon

The match begins at the first signs of dusk. Both partcipants watch eachother carefully for any sign of an advantage. Immortal charges in as Superpelon slides on mud from the recent rainfall, but it was only a feint and Superpelon using Immortals momentum against him and throws him onto his back. Superpelon moves in quickly to finish the match, but Immortal lands a stunning kick onto his right knee, allowing time for Immortal to regain his stance.

With both partcipants back on there feet, and except for a slight limp on Superpelons part, perfectly fine. The battle goes back to watching for even the smallest advantage. Both partcipants charge in once again, Immortal landing a stunning hit on Superpelons left cheek before he's tackled to the ground. Both of them struggle to get ontop as they constantly land weakened blows against eachother. Superpelon, moving fast push's himself away from Immortal and quickly jumping back at him landing a stunning blow to Immortals forehead, and ending the match. Superpelon Wins

16. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

BCLG vs truckingpete

The match begins, and with the quickly diminishing light making it hard for both contestants to see eachother. Truckingpete starts the match off by quickly charging BCLG, who stands his ground. BCLG quickly dodge's Truckingpete's longsword and makes a quick jab with his katana as he pass's, only to be blocked by Truckingpete's shield.

BCLG quickly follows Truckingpete, blocks the swing from his longsword, only to receive a hard smack on the side of the face by Truckingpete's shield. Truckingpete quickly used his advantage raising his foot up and kicking BCLG inside of the stomach, knocking him onto his back.

Truckingpete follows him his attack, making a quick downwards swipe with his longsword, only to be blocked by BCLG's katana. BCLG quickly use's his foot to trip Truckingpete, forcing him to fall right ontop of BCLG. Both partcipants, surprised by finding the other either underneath or ontop of them, tried to find some way to use the situation to there advantage. Truckingpete was the first to think of something, rising up alittle bit and laying a solid smack with his shield into BCLG's face, ending the match and knocking him out cold. Truckingpete Wins

17. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Michiko enters the Arena, seeing it's her turn to go next, and heads to the local buddhist/shinto shrine to pray before the match.

18. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

Strider came over to Pete and raised one of Pete's arms to show that he won this round. BCLG was starting to wake up. Pete looked down at him and said,"Good job." and helped BCLG up. "MAn were did you learn are those moves??" said BCLG.

Pete smiles and looks right at Ixosis. Pete gives a wink for thanks.

19. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack Ijumo went up and read the sign and signed his name below Swordplay. He tells CivGeneral " I am a pretty good swordsman, I have practiced alot. I am ready for the tournament.l"

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

OOC you'll have to see with strider whether its not too late.