1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Lengthening Research times -only-

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Schotte, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Schotte

Schotte Chieftain

Hey all, this is my first post. I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find this question anywhere, sorry if it's been asked.

My question has to do with lengthening research times only. I understand that playing on marathon or epic makes researching techs take much longer, but it increases production times and social policy times as well.

I find that my ages progress too quickly on standard. I have riflemen for a couple turns and BOOM I'm upgrading to infantry already. i want to be able to wage full scale wars between techs, and I hate still settling cities in the industrial age. It might unbalance the game if I could have buildings built quickly before researching new techs, but it would feel richer this way for me. And I don't want to wait 50 turns to build a pikeman on epic...

So does anybody know of a mod, scenario, or tweak I can use to lengthen research times without affecting anything else?

Thanks and cheers,
    Schotte

2. kaltorak

kaltorak Chieftain

3. He-Who-Hunts

He-Who-Hunts 2nd Legionary Cohort

There is a simple mod on mod browser called "gradual research" or similar to it, it lengthens research time only. I believe its:

5% for classical
    10% for ME
    15% for ren
    and 20% for ind & mod

no change for Ancient... I use it all the time, when coupled with disabling RA's you usually get a good run at each era.

4. Schotte

Schotte Chieftain

Cool I found it and will give it a try! Thanks for your help!
    Schotte